PDA

View Full Version : How to synchronize scrolling in parallel versions view?

SteveO
04-30-2008, 02:49 PM
I apologize in advance if I missed a previous thread that answers this question (I searched but didn't find one), but I'd really like to know how I can synchronize versions within the parallel versions window.

Many thanks in advance!

-steveO

Adelphos
04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
I apologize in advance if I missed a previous thread that answers this question (I searched but didn't find one), but I'd really like to know how I can synchronize versions within the parallel versions window.

If you click the synchronize button on the left side of the parallel version window, this will synchronize the versions. However, if you want to also have the scrolling itself synchronized, you must use the scroll buttons ABOVE the synchronize button. The other scroll buttons don't scroll all versions; only those ABOVE do.

I don't know if this is intentional or not. I seem to remember that the regular scroll buttons used to also scroll all versions, but I may be wrong.

Ken Neighoff
04-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Synchronizing Browse Windows

You can synchronize multiple Browse Windows so that they can be scrolled together. To do this you must first open the browse windows that you want to synchronize. Then for each one Right Click on the Browse Window Header and select "Show Current Verse." This will add a current verse display to the Browse Window and also a synchronization checkbox. Only Browse Windows with the synchronization checkbox checked will be synchronized. To synchronize the windows all at once click on the http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/mk:@MSITStore:c:\program%20files\bibleworks%207\bw 700.chm::/bwh11_BrowseWindow_files/bwh11_1a.jpg button on the Main Window Button Bar. To scroll the Browse Windows in unison hold down the SHIFT key when you use the scroll bars to the right of the text display.

SteveO
04-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Synchronizing Browse Windows

You can synchronize multiple Browse Windows so that they can be scrolled together. To do this you must first open the browse windows that you want to synchronize. Then for each one Right Click on the Browse Window Header and select "Show Current Verse." This will add a current verse display to the Browse Window and also a synchronization checkbox. Only Browse Windows with the synchronization checkbox checked will be synchronized. To synchronize the windows all at once click on the http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/mk:@MSITStore:c:\program%20files\bibleworks%207\bw 700.chm::/bwh11_BrowseWindow_files/bwh11_1a.jpg button on the Main Window Button Bar. To scroll the Browse Windows in unison hold down the SHIFT key when you use the scroll bars to the right of the text display.

To be more specific, what I was hoping for was to be able to use the mouse wheel to scroll while in parallel versions view and have all the versions scroll in synch.
Adelphos' suggestion does work, but you have to use the specific up/down buttons above the synch button.