PDA

View Full Version : Help!

MBushell
04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi All,

As some of you know we posted an executable yesterday that crashed on some people's machines. However, try as we might we have been unable to replicate the crash on any of our systems, whether Vista or XP. So we could really use some help from users. I just posted a new executable (19g.1). It is not visible to the general public. To see it in the updater your have to click on the updater options menu and add "beta7" to the access code string.

If you have some time and want to help us track this down please try the following:

1. copy all the *.dbx and *.wdc files from your BibleWorks databases folder to a safe backup place.
2. Run BW, enter the access code and update to 19g.

Let me know if the program crashes and what was displayed at the bottom of the splash screen when it crashed. If the program ran successfully I need to know that as well. And let me know the OS you are using.

To revert to the previous version after the crash:
(1) restore the WDC abd DBS files.
(2) run BW with the SHIFT key held down.
(3) select "restore previous version" and follow the instructions. Go back to 19e.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. We have an important update to post and can't do anything until this is resolved.

God bless,
Mike

Randy
04-16-2008, 11:58 AM
I also had a crash yesterday trying to update the "f" udate. But I followed your instructions and updated the "g" update without any glitches. It installed fine.

I am using XP; I don't know what the problem was, but I tried updating twice yesterday and it crashed both times. Hope you are able to locate the bug.

Thanks for all your good work.

Adelphos
04-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Any help you can provide would be appreciated. We have an important update to post and can't do anything until this is resolved.

XP SP2.

So far so good. I have put 19g1 through a number of exercises and thus far it has behaved normally. Looks like maybe the computer gremlins got into the previous update.

MBushell
04-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys. When we get a few more positive reports (hopefully from some who haven't run the problem update before) I'll post it publicly.

The main thing that this update does is fix some dort order problems caused by Vista, plus a few less important fixes (like Arabic command line problems).

Mike

Michael Hanel
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks guys. When we get a few more positive reports (hopefully from some who haven't run the problem update before) I'll post it publicly.

The main thing that this update does is fix some dort order problems caused by Vista, plus a few less important fixes (like Arabic command line problems).

Mike

I didn't run the previous version so I can't say whether that would have crashed on my machine, but this one seems to be running fine on XP SP2.

SCSaunders
04-16-2008, 01:48 PM
1. Running Fine.
2. I'm on XP.
3. Says I'm running 7.0.019e11
4. I've restarted it 4 times now, no problems on any.
5. All I got was this message - one time - when shutting down, after loading the "beta7" patch ...

http://i30.tinypic.com/2nofpj.png

MBushell
04-16-2008, 03:07 PM
1. Running Fine.
2. I'm on XP.
3. Says I'm running 7.0.019e11
4. I've restarted it 4 times now, no problems on any.
5. All I got was this message - one time - when shutting down, after loading the "beta7" patch ...

You should go into the updater in the options menu and check "Show downloaded patches" and reapply the 19g patch.

SCSaunders
04-16-2008, 04:03 PM
You should go into the updater in the options menu and check "Show downloaded patches" and reapply the 19g patch.Done. Works Fine.

Adelphos
04-16-2008, 07:17 PM
You should go into the updater in the options menu and check "Show downloaded patches" and reapply the 19g patch.

Still runs a bit slow on my Commodore 64. I don't know if this a BW issue or if I simply need to soup-up my C64 some more. :cool:

Juan Ortega
04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Greetings to all

I have to upgrade to version 7.0.019e.11, hassle-free,

I think that the problem is due to the operating system, because not all have the same service pack xp, and besides, it sends microsoft updates, which are every day.

Juan
alemán a francésalemán a inglésárabe a ingléschino a ingléschino (simplificado a tradicional)chino (tradicional a simplificado)coreano a inglésespañol a inglésfrancés a alemánfrancés a inglésgriego a inglésholandés a inglésinglés a alemáninglés a árabeinglés a chino (simplificado)inglés a chino (tradicional)inglés a coreanoinglés a españolinglés a francésinglés a griegoinglés a holandésinglés a italianoinglés a japonésinglés a portuguésinglés a rusoitaliano a inglésjaponés a inglésportugués a inglésruso a inglés
http://www.google.com/mb/plus_sm.gif