PDA

View Full Version : Update 7019f (crashed)

calvary
04-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi folks,

this latest update is causing my BW to crash before it actually opens after I pick a profile from the configuration manager. Is there anyway for me to go back to the previous update? I really don't want to have to spend all the time it takes to reload BW. :(

Blessings,
Dave

lli4g
04-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Same happened to me. Any solution other than reloading? Thanks.

Leonard Li
lli4g@cox.net

the-ridin-preacher
04-15-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue. I can't even get Bibleworks to open anymore before getting the message that BibleWorks has stopped working. I'm using win vista ultimate and haven't had any issues before today. This is BibleWorks7 and I keep it regularly updated (until today, that is) Does anyone at all have any solutions, i have a sermon tomorrow and a huge Hebrew exegesis paper due on Thurs, Please help.

thanks,

~isaac

rasamassen
04-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Windows Vista Home Advanced

BibleWorks startup splash screen displays - at the bottom it shows the new version number, then switches to "Initializing version data ..." before crashing.

Sent crash information through the Windows crash manager, so if BibleWorks has the deal where they can access crash information for their programs from Windows, they should be able to figure out what's wrong.

Harold6
04-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Just downloaded the latest revision and the same thing is happening to me! The program will not get beyond the splash screen before crashing!

MBushell
04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi All,

We tested the update on all our computers before posting and had no problems. SO we'll have to investigate. In the mean time hold down the SHIFT key when you start BibleWorks. Then select the option "Restore Previous Version." This should allow you to revert to the earlier version.

If you could send your system specs and your bw700.ini file to tech support that would be helpful.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Mike

MBushell
04-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Are any of you who are having the probem running on XP or is it a Vista-specific problem?

Thanks,
Mike

calvary
04-15-2008, 04:41 PM
My problem is on XP, Mike.

Dave

MBushell
04-15-2008, 04:44 PM
My problem is on XP, Mike.

Dave
Thanks. We removed the update. Let me know if the workaround posted above doesn't work and we'll figure something out to get people going. Do NOT, any of you, reinstall. That isn't necessary.
Mike

Harold6
04-15-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm running XP Mike.

Thanks for the tip on reverting back to the previous version!

Harold

calvary
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm running XP Mike.

Thanks for the tip on reverting back to the previous version!

Harold

Indeed. At least I'm able to rebuild my profiles w/o loading the whole program. :)

Dave

lli4g
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the tip to restore to previous version. It certainly saves the day.

I'm running Windows XP.

Leonard Li

RickGross
04-16-2008, 04:22 PM
After reverting to a previous version as described above, install executable 7.0.019g.2 or later, which will fix the problem that caused version 7.0.019f.1 to crash.