PDA

View Full Version : Robert's Word Picture

Hobbit
03-29-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm very new to Bibleworks, but the Robert's Word Picture function seems to be simple enough to use. However, when I click Resources, then Miscellaneous, then Robert's WP, the only verse that appears is Mat 1:1. How do I get the verse I want to show up? Thanks!

Adelphos
03-30-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm very new to Bibleworks, but the Robert's Word Picture function seems to be simple enough to use. However, when I click Resources, then Miscellaneous, then Robert's WP, the only verse that appears is Mat 1:1. How do I get the verse I want to show up? Thanks!

Your current verse is probably in the OT, which is why Matthew 1:1 shows up. Robertson is only for the NT.

To get the verse you want, first navigate to that verse in the NT, then click on Robertson.

roel schipper
03-31-2008, 06:28 AM
For some mysterious reason the Robertson's W.P button in the buttonbar is gone. It isn't there in the list of available buttons either.
Is it only me who has this?
(BW7 version 19e.9)

EdMellott
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
We regret to announce that, due to circumstances beyond our control, our license for Robertson's Word Pictures has lapsed, and we are thus no longer able to include this work in BibleWorks.

A Customer Support FAQ (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13479#post13479)has been posted recently to announce this change.

Ken Neighoff
03-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Does this mean that in future executible updates BW will remove Roberston's Word Pictures from our list of resources or that future versions of BW will not include it.

Adelphos
03-31-2008, 02:11 PM
We regret to announce that, due to circumstances beyond our control, our license for Robertson's Word Pictures has lapsed, and we are thus no longer able to include this work in BibleWorks.

No loss whatsoever, IMO.

Mark Eddy
04-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Another question, since Robertson's Word Pictures was copyrighted in 1934, does it not automatically become public domain in 2009? It seems odd that BW would lose the right to use it for one year.
Mark Eddy

MBushell
04-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Some of the volumes of RWP are in the PD but the last volume is not. It's a rather strange situation.

FrBTK
08-06-2008, 04:31 PM
The current version of Bible Works is now about the fourth or fifth time I have upgraded Bibleworks. When I bought the original version I paid royalties to use Robertson's Word Pictures.

There should be some way that I can still have Bibleworks access that database, even if I have to copy it from an old installation disk.

The fact that whoever owns Robertson's Word Pictures copyright does not want to licence it further should not penalize me.

If I knew who they were, I would be delighted to write them a demand letter to that effect.

Ken Neighoff
08-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I use BW7 and am still able to access Roberston's Word Pictures. Under Resources, Misc. and there is it.

calvary
08-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Yep! It sure enough is still there under resources. I'm using it right now. But the button bar is gone.

Dave

Greg Ward
12-09-2008, 05:11 PM
To BW staff:
I have noticed there is no mention of Robertson's Word Pictures in the NT in the web and print literature for BW8. Is it still not licensable by BW? Is there a way for previous license owners to bring it forward to BW8? I would love to use it in the Resource Summary window.

Thanks, Greg

bened
01-17-2009, 10:46 PM
I would love to have it as well.

Granted, as mentioned earlier, sometimes it is no loss.

But other times ATR is w/o peer with his incisive insights into Gk definitions, word usage and syntax.

As Greek scholars go, to borrow from the great theologian, Bum Phillips, if A.T. Robertson wasn't the greatest, it sure wouldn't take long to call the roll.

Gospelizer
01-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Yes, this has been one of my disappointments with BW8. I suppose a help file could be constructed.

Michael Hanel
01-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, this has been one of my disappointments with BW8. I suppose a help file could be constructed.

The only problem with that is that it seems (from looking at Word Pictures on other websites (http://bible.crosswalk.com/Commentaries/RobertsonsWordPictures/) and from BibleWorks' own issue with it) that some company still owns copyright on it, so any file you make would have to be for your own use, and couldn't be distributed.

Gospelizer
01-18-2009, 02:19 PM
The only problem with that is that it seems (from looking at Word Pictures on other websites (http://bible.crosswalk.com/Commentaries/RobertsonsWordPictures/) and from BibleWorks' own issue with it) that some company still owns copyright on it, so any file you make would have to be for your own use, and couldn't be distributed.

Right, it would have to be personally assembled (although creating a help file for use in BW is a real bother).