PDA

View Full Version : Portable Bible Works

Gandalf
03-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Is it possible to install BW 7 (a MINIMAL installation) in a USB pendrive (4 Gb) or a DVD and run the program from it in another PC? Thanks.

onefear
04-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I run Bibleworks off of a 8gb USB flash drive, but I have not attempted to boot it when attache to a machine other than the one I installed it on. I think it will work though. Clay

Hopkins
04-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello,

You asked about being able to run Bibleworks 7 from a usb drive on various computers. Once you purchase it, and install it here is what you can do:

You can take the main Bibleworks7 directory and just copy it to any usb drive or any folder on another computer. Each time you copy it - you MUST DELETE these files:

bw700.ini
bw7dir.ini These should do it...but if not...repeat and also delete these:

bwedit.ini
bweditc.ini
bweditn.ini

This way these files simply get rebuilt and corrected to reflect whatever directory you are using. This must be done because if you move it and don't delete these files, Bibleworks will think it's in the original install directory and fail.

Here are the contents of the bw700.ini:

[BibleWorks]
IniManager=0
ihidecmdetails=0
iuseconfigdirs=0
Dir_Notes=c:\bibleworks7\notes
Dir_Userdb=c:\bibleworks7\userdb
Dir_Ase=c:\bibleworks7\ase
Dir_Diagram=c:\bibleworks7\diagram
Dir_GNTDiagram=c:\bibleworks7\GNTdgm
Dir_Videos=c:\bibleworks7\videos
Dir_Timeline=c:\bibleworks7\timeline
Dir_Init=c:\bibleworks7\init
ASECurrentDir=c:\bibleworks7\ase

I think...if you copy it from and to an exactly same name directory, and start BW7 from this similarly named directory - such as:
c:\bibleworks7\

you don't need to even delete the ini files....I think. But the former definitely works.

I do not think this works, however, with Bibleworks8. Bibleworks is the most fantastic piece of software on the planet and worth every single penny :-)

Love! (Described here: John 14-17)
Hopkins