PDA

View Full Version : changing font sizes in resource summary window

Matt Hauger
03-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey, y'all...

Just experimenting with my BW7 layout. My eyes are pretty sharp, and I like to use my screen real estate to its utmost. Accordingly, I've shrunk down my search window, browse window, and analysis window text to 10 pt Calibri.

But these change don't appear to have affected the Resource Summary/Summary tab under the Analysis window. The font there remains (stubbornly) Arial 12pt. This is where I *really* need the space, to make room for all the sweet user-created modules that are out there (e.g. the NT codices, the Qumran Great Isaiah links, etc.). Any way to shrink down that text so that I can fit all the entries without a scroll bar?

jfidel
03-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi Matt,

Go to tools/options/fonts click on browse window and then adjust the column under AW (Analysis Window) to change the fonts there.

Kind of hidden.

John Fidel

Matt Hauger
03-20-2008, 09:04 PM
John,

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately, though, I already adjusted these settings. This seems to work for adjusting the material in the word analysis tab (e.g., for me, morphology info. and my favorite lexicon's entry for the word I'm highlighting). But it makes no change in my Resource Summary tab, which won't change from 12 point Arial.

Any other suggestions? Or did I miss something?

Thanks!
Matt H.

jfidel
03-21-2008, 07:48 AM
That's all I have as suggestions. I misunderstood your terminology. Perhaps someone else could help.

John Fidel

Mark Eddy
03-21-2008, 11:55 PM
In the font settings there are two radio buttons in the upper left, one for changing the search window fonts, and the other for changing the browse window fonts.

The question is, which group of fonts controls the resource summary window display (if any)?
Neither. As far as I know the font for the Resource summary and for any of the Resources in it cannot be changed within BibleWorks. Another thread mentioned some work-arounds for individual resources, but if you really want to see more of the resources in the Resource summary tab, you can either 1) buy a bigger monitor, or 2) using Windows change the resolution of the monitor, of course doing the latter would make all your programs look smaller.

I'm guessing browse window, since other resource windows flags appear under that heading in the "set flags" tab.

Anybody?
You can send this in as a suggestion by clicking on the top "sticky" thread and describing how you would like this to work. If enough people agree with your idea, BW will probably incorporate it eventually.
Mark Eddy