PDA

View Full Version : Browse mode... wrong verse

etfjr
03-14-2008, 11:57 AM
When I'm in browse mode, and I type in a reference, BW will show a few verses before the one I type in... ex if I type 2Cor 12.7, the display will start with 2Cor 12.5. BUT, if I type it again, the display moves to v7.
I just noticed this and it doesn't *seem* to be consistent...
What's the deal? Is this a bug, or is it called a feature? ;-)

Is this an option that I can change?

Thanks,
Taylor

SCSaunders
03-14-2008, 02:58 PM
is it called a feature? ;-) It's a "feature" of the BW7 creature.

etfjr
03-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Assume, it's an annoying feature, can it be turned off?

SCSaunders
03-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Assume, it's an annoying feature, can it be turned off?My bad. I was kidding regarding the "creature feature" declaration. A lot of my jokes go over like jalapeno wind passed in a crowded elevator.

BW7 is a savant program. It's brilliant at most everything it does; but on a few items, just think of it as "special."

Ultimately, what you're referring to is - I think - an issue of versification differences. JMHO.

etfjr
03-14-2008, 04:07 PM
I think, if I was just reading for the sake of reading, this would be a good thing... show the context a bit, but when doing word studies, etc, in class, I want to go straight there. I'm not sure is a versification issue because it happens in a lot of different locations... and seems to happen more often if the jump i'm making is longer... If I'm in Genesis1 and go to Romans, it'll happen, but if I just to a passage in the first few chaps of Genesis, it doesn't happen...

Oh well...
T

Dale A. Brueggemann
03-14-2008, 04:34 PM
When I'm in browse mode, and I type in a reference, BW will show a few verses before the one I type in... ex if I type 2Cor 12.7, the display will start with 2Cor 12.5.

Mine doesn't do that, it just goes to 2co 12:7. Actually, I would love it if the previous verse or two displayed without my having to scroll up to it in the browse mode. If it's a menu choice that makes the difference between your hitting 2co 12:5 and mine hitting 2co 12:7, let's find it so we can both switch. I want the previous verse context, and you want to come up on just the verse you called up.

etfjr
03-14-2008, 06:03 PM
After fighting with this on all day in class, now that I'm trying to replicate it, I can't.. I'll try to keep track of when/how it happens and let you know...

Taylor

Dan Phillips
03-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Are you talking about what I think of as "the bounce"? If so, I've noticed it many times, also.

In what I'm talking about, you'll pick 1 Corinthians, then you'll pick 7 -- and it'll "bounce" to the end of 6.

etfjr
03-15-2008, 12:51 AM
But not just when i pick a verse (it's happened with the verse drop boxes AND with the section heading drop box) but also when i type in a reference in the command line...

I'm glad I'm not crazy... at least about that...

Taylor