PDA

View Full Version : How to clear verse lists

Dan Phillips
03-13-2008, 08:39 PM
So you accidentally double-click "the," and now you have 22,796 verses in your left column. Or you've done a search, and now you're through having all those verses listed there.

Is there a direct way to clear that column?

Or is the only way the roundabout way: clear that tab from another tab (i.e. either "Clear all tabs [except current]" or go to tab 2, right-click tab 1, and select "Clear tab 1:)?

Adelphos
03-14-2008, 02:15 AM
So you accidentally double-click "the," and now you have 22,796 verses in your left column...

Actually, you get the same results if you purposely double-click "the". :rolleyes:

Clearing the tab is the only way I know of that gets rid of the search list.

SCSaunders
03-14-2008, 08:08 AM
So you accidentally double-click "the," and now you have 22,796 verses in your left column. Hilarious!

Clearing the tab is the only way I know of that gets rid of the search list.Same here.

Dan Phillips
03-14-2008, 08:26 AM
(A) You guys are a big help
(B) Everyone's a comedian
(C) It's Friday!

:D

Adelphos
03-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Clearing the tab is the only way I know of that gets rid of the search list.

Actually, there IS at least one other way to clear the search list...

Erase your BW ini file! :cool:

Of course, that's like using a sledge hammer on a thumbtack.

By the way, speaking of sledge hammers -- for all you newly-weds out there, here's some free advice...

If you own a sledge hammer, either get rid of it or hide it, because if you don't, sooner or later your wife will put you to work with it.

MGVH
03-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Ok, I did find a fairly quick way to clear the verse list.

Go to command line and clear it. (Easiest way is to hit ESC twice)
Then type a semicolon ( ; ) and nothing more, hit ENTER

Depending on the active version, it will take up to 5 seconds.

SCSaunders
03-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok, I did find a fairly quick way to clear the verse list.

Depending on the active version, it will take up to 5 seconds.Absolutely amazing. Thanks! This means I don't have to do the tab thing ("clear all tabs except current") and erase all my tabs. Wow! I'm still in a bit of shock.

God bless you!

Adelphos
03-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Are you speaking experientially or hypothetically?

Experientially...

I should have known to get rid of the sledge hammer and a number of other large tools after the wheelbarrow incident. :rolleyes:

Adelphos
03-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Absolutely amazing. Thanks! This means I don't have to do the tab thing ("clear all tabs except current") and erase all my tabs. Wow! I'm still in a bit of shock.

You don't have to erase all tabs but current...

Just switch to a different tab and then right-click on the tab you want to clear. You can clear that tab only, leaving all your other tabs as is.

MGVH
03-15-2008, 06:20 PM
that works too!

Dan Phillips
03-16-2008, 11:20 AM

That'll work. Thanks, Mark. Fewer moves than going to another tab, right clicking the FIRST tab, clearing it, going back to the first tab, clearing the second tab....

(I do think they should provide a more direct way.)

Adelphos
03-16-2008, 03:21 PM
(I do think they should provide a more direct way.)

Since we're on the tab subject again, I'd like to reiterate my request for CL control over the tabs.

That is, I would love to be able to switch tabs by typing "tab 4" or "t 4" (without the quotes, of course), or even "t 4 c" which would mean, "tab 4 clear" -- in other words, expand the CL to include these commands so that we wouldn't need to access the rodent.

SCSaunders
03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
You don't have to erase all tabs but current...

Just switch to a different tab and then right-click on the tab you want to clear. You can clear that tab only, leaving all your other tabs as is.
http://atangledweb.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/homer_bigdoh.gif