PDA

View Full Version : Linking from web page to BibleWorks

MGVH
02-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Logos recently released a little utility (http://bibleandtech.blogspot.com/2008/02/logos-offers-free-reftagger-tool.html) that makes it very easy to take biblical references on web pages and link them into the Logos program. Ie, clicking on a link will open Logos at that verse.

I don't know how to work with JavaScript to create similar functionality for BW7, but according to the helpfile it should be possible to do. (Isn't this what pasquale is doing in the helpfiles he creates that link back to BW7?)

I couldn't find anything on the forum here, but if someone knows how this stuff works and could provide some simple instructions, I would appreciate it.

Glenn Weaver
03-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi Mark,

The process of tagging web pages is exactly the same as creating custom modules. The only difference is that you are compiling the files into an HTML Help file. You also do not need the CHD and index files. Simply tag the files according to the instructions, insert the javascript link in the <body> tag, and post both the file and the bwjs.js file at the appropriate website. The bwjs.js file has to be in the same directory as the web file.

If you have other questions, please contact me.

Glenn