PDA

View Full Version : Synoptic parallels window problem

wie
06-08-2004, 06:23 AM
The following behavior should probably be changed:

Let's say you have BGT Mk 15:34 open. You then open the Synoptic parallels window and copy something from John. then you close this Synoptics window and want to open Robertson's Wordpictures. It opens in John and not in Mark as expected since it's the open verse.

Similarly if you want to open verse 15:44 then, by typing simply "44", you cannot do that because BW "thinks" it is in John.

almather
06-08-2004, 07:06 AM
I agree. However, this problem is larger than just your example.

For example, I opened BW's this morning for my study in 2Pe. I searched a word from 1:4. I used the secondary results window. So that opened to Mark 15 something as the first verse on my NT search was there. The rest of the verses were in Peter so I closed the secondary results window while it was still in Mark. The first result window was in 2Pe 1:4. I typed '15' in the CL and was taken to Mark 15:15, the chapter that had opened in the secondary result window.

Or sometimes I will type in only a verse or chapter and verse reference number because I just want to move to a different place in the book I am studying, only to get a note saying that that verse does not exist. Then I have to type the whole reference in to move to another place in the same book that is open in the main result window. This would happen if the last secondary result window was from a book that had only 3 chapters and I typed in '5 16' to go to the fifth chapter in the book I was studying.

Thanks.

May the Lord continue to bless and keep you.

Al