PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Hebrew Font Size

NealWalters
02-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Using BW7.0, I want to increase the size of the Hebrew letters in the verse being displayed. I went to Tools/Options then the Font tab.

I increased Hebrew and "Heb Trans" to 24, closed and reopened BW, and now the Hebrew in the search is very large, but the Hebrew in the Bible text portion of the screen did not change.

What is "Heb Trans" stand for and what I am missing here?

Thanks,
Neal Walters

Mark Eddy
02-24-2008, 11:39 PM
There are three different places for which font sizes can be changed:
1. Search Window Fonts
2. Browse Window Fonts
3. Export Fonts.
You seem to have changed the Search Window Fonts. What you need to do first in the "Fonts" tab of the Options is to check "Browse Window Fonts" in the upper left hand corner of the tab, in the section titled "Font Set to Edit. Then you can chose the font size you want in the browse window, where the Bible verses display for reading purposes.
"Heb Trans" is the transliteration font, if you want to read Hebrew in English letters. What you apparently want is to edit the size of the bwhebb font, the actual Hebrew font used in BibleWorks.
God bless your study of His Word.
Mark Eddy

Drew75
03-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Mark,

Thanks so much! I'm a new Bibleworks user, and I love the software so far. I had the same question Neal raised. Now I can read the Hebrew without squinting and getting a headache!:p

Andrew