PDA

View Full Version : Adjunct Software For BW

Adelphos
02-13-2008, 09:32 PM
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I took up C/C++/Windows programming again after a fifteen year hiatus.

I did this primarily because I want to develop some stuff for BW that would enhance/expand some of BW's already enormous capabilities.

Right now, I'm in the design state of devloping something for the VLM, i.e., the Verse List Manager. I make extensive use of this, and I have some ideas that could enhance/expand its capabilities. I know that BW 8 is coming out down the pike -- at least a year according to Mike -- and even though I am sure there will be enhancements there, I believe I have some ideas that will still be useful.

Accordingly, I would like to hear any ways that you all are currently using the VLM as well as any ideas you may have relative to improvement or enhancements or expanses or whatnot.

I've written a few practice programs to relearn and hone my skills -- yes, I still have a long way to go -- and you may download a couple of free examples at --

http://www.lamblion.net/Links/links.htm

And of course, once I develop my module for the VLM it will certainly be FREEWARE.

Anyway, if you have any ideas, suggestions, please let me know, and please post them HERE in this thread. That way everybody can bounce the ideas back and forth.

Adamsen
02-14-2008, 05:09 AM
Anyway, if you have any ideas, suggestions, please let me know, and please post them HERE in this thread. That way everybody can bounce the ideas back and forth.

I wasn't able to run the program due to a faulty configuration of the program. Any ideas? I am running a Danish XP.

Georg

Adelphos
02-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I wasn't able to run the program due to a faulty configuration of the program. Any ideas? I am running a Danish XP.

Georg

What program are you talking about?

Adamsen
02-14-2008, 03:03 PM
What program are you talking about?

The exe file: utility_box_exe contained in the zip file, so I don't know if there are more programs. ;)

Georg

Adelphos
02-14-2008, 04:12 PM
The exe file: utility_box_exe contained in the zip file, so I don't know if there are more programs.

I've re-uploaded, although I couldn't find anything wrong with the first one. But try this one...

If it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you except that it possibly has something to do with your native configuration.

Adelphos
02-19-2008, 01:11 PM
The exe file: utility_box_exe contained in the zip file, so I don't know if there are more programs.

Okay, Georg, I've resolved the problem.

Thanks again to MS's sheer design IDIOCY, I wasn't aware that certain runtime libraries were required for certain computer and for the latest releases of their compiler, but of course, they are.

I've re-uploaded, and there is an additional file called redist_x86.exe that you need to run first. The info is in the readme.text file as well.

This will install the latest MS runtime libraries on your computer (the file itself is only a gigabyte), and then everything will work.

As I say, I'm still feeling my way back into the world of programming, but it's very good I found about this before releasing something that's related to BW.

Let me know if have any further problems.

Adamsen
02-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Okay, Georg, I've resolved the problem.

Thanks again to MS's sheer design IDIOCY, I wasn't aware that certain runtime libraries were required for certain computer and for the latest releases of their compiler, but of course, they are.

... (the file itself is only a gigabyte)...

Wauww, that was a huge file.;)

Thank you.

Adelphos
02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Wauww, that was a huge file.;)

ooops! 2 gig, not 1. :rolleyes: