PDA

View Full Version : bibleworks 4 and powerpoint 2007

IIICISCOIII
02-08-2008, 08:14 PM
until today i have used bibleworks 4 with XP. I was able to copy verses into powerpoint 2003. i recently purchased a laptop with vista home premium and now when I open the bibleworks 4 macro CTRL SHIFT B and look up the reference i want and try to copy it into powerpoint 2007 nothing happens. Thoughts, answers?

IIICISCOIII

EdMellott
02-18-2008, 09:23 AM
We have found in many cases under the Windows Vista environment that an extra step is needed when exporting text from BibleWorks into another application such as Word or PowerPoint. The process begins the same way it always did.

1. One opens BibleWorks, and then switches to the target application to which the text is to be exported.
2. Perform the CTRL-SHIFT-B keystroke combination to display the Pop-up Copy Window.
3. Enter the verse or passage in the field provided, then enter the three-letter code for each version to be exported in the field provided for this info.
4. Click the button labeled FORMAT to apply any special settings, if desired, then close the format box when finished.
5. Click the button labeled COPY to perform the transfer.

At this point the additional step is introduced.
6. With the insertion point blinking in the place where the text is to be pasted, perform the PASTE action to complete the process. This can usually be done in one of three ways.

a. Menu - Click EDIT and choose PASTE from the drop-down menu.
b. Toolbar - Click the toolbar icon for the Paste action, often the image of a clipboard.
c. Keyboard - Press the CTRL and V keys at the same time.