PDA

View Full Version : User Manual

etfjr
02-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Is there a user manual for BW7 available? A PDF file somewhere? I've been reading the online help file, but it just leaves me hanging on a few things...

Thanks,
Taylor

Ben Spackman
02-01-2008, 10:12 PM
There's a lengthy pdf manual that should have installed with your other program files.

Edit: Or at least, there used to be. I thought there was, but I don't seem able to locate it.

Mark Eddy
02-01-2008, 10:31 PM
There's a lengthy pdf manual that should have installed with your other program files.

Edit: Or at least, there used to be. I thought there was, but I don't seem able to locate it.
All that is available is in online help. There never was anything in the "manual" that is not in help. In other words, what used to be in a printed manual is all in online help now. If you have a specific question, you can place your cursor over something and hit f1, and the available help will appear. If you can't find it there, that's what this forum is for, and tech support, if the question is really tough.
Mark Eddy

etfjr
02-01-2008, 11:56 PM
How do you use the <ee> </ee> tags in a personal version?
Where's the details of the characters that are available?

Taylor

Philip Brown
02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
My guess is that it stands for Eastern European, and the assumption is that if you need to use those characters, you have such a keyboard and know how to enter the appropriate characters.

Mark Eddy
02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
How do you use the <ee> </ee> tags in a personal version?
Where's the details of the characters that are available?
Taylor
If you want to add Eastern European text to a database, you will have to make an html help version, not a text version for the database compiler.
If you want to find the Eastern European keyboard, click on the BibleWorks Keyboard icon (Greek lower case alpha with a square border around it, to look like a computer key). From the dropdown list of languages at the upper left hand corner of the keyboard, choose the language you wish to use (Czech, Hungarian, Albanian, or Polish are the options right now). You can also see the Eastern European Times New Roman keymap table through this icon.
Does that help?
Mark Eddy

Glenn Weaver
02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Actually, you can create an Eastern European Bible version to appear in the Browse Window using the Version Database Compiler.

The characters in the text file have to correspond to the correct Windows code page, and all the characters actually have to be contained within the appropriate code page.

For example, if you wish to compile a Bulgarian version, you would select 'Bulgarian' under Language, and under Locale select Bulgarian, which has code page 1251.

The <ee> </ee> tags are only used within version endnotes. They are not used within the Browse Window text itself. These tags would allow you to, for example, include a Bulgarian word within a Spanish version note.

If you need further help, please contact me at gweaver@bibleworks.com.

Blessings,
Glenn