PDA

View Full Version : Font Size in Help Files

pzetter
01-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I am reviewing my Greek and Hebrew skills, but my 65-year old eyes are having trouble coping with the small font in the modules that are in the *.chm files (Microsoft help files). Does anyone know if there is some way to adjust the size of the type? Much thanks.

Paul Zetterholm

sparcusmarcus
01-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Do you mean the files that pop-up (grammars, dictionaries, etc)? If those are what your talking about, there is not an "official" way to do that (that I know of). However, it can be done by right clicking the text and hitting "select all". Right click again and hit "print preview". It takes a few seconds, but the text will pop up looking rather small. Select the "view full width" at the top, and under "shrink to fit", choose 150% (or the % you prefer). You can advance pages in the text by hitting the arrow at the bottom of the page.

MGVH
01-21-2008, 01:40 AM
That is a very cool trick, sparcusmarcus. I didn't know that one, but it works well!

sparcusmarcus
01-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks. I hope it helps. I'm taking Greek (Bethel Seminary, MN), and figured this out to help the teacher. He's using Croy's grammar, but even on the overhead it's rather small.

pzetter
01-22-2008, 01:30 AM
l tried this and it works great. Except you have to do this for each chapter at a time, and, of course, you lose the ability to use the links. But it sounds like this is the only solution. Maybe I'll try to find a way to increase the size of the screen itself ???

Anyway, thanks most kindly for your help. God bless you (real good !)

Paul