View Full Version : Font Size in Help Files

01-20-2008, 10:31 AM
I am reviewing my Greek and Hebrew skills, but my 65-year old eyes are having trouble coping with the small font in the modules that are in the *.chm files (Microsoft help files). Does anyone know if there is some way to adjust the size of the type? Much thanks.

Paul Zetterholm

01-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Do you mean the files that pop-up (grammars, dictionaries, etc)? If those are what your talking about, there is not an "official" way to do that (that I know of). However, it can be done by right clicking the text and hitting "select all". Right click again and hit "print preview". It takes a few seconds, but the text will pop up looking rather small. Select the "view full width" at the top, and under "shrink to fit", choose 150% (or the % you prefer). You can advance pages in the text by hitting the arrow at the bottom of the page.

01-21-2008, 12:40 AM
That is a very cool trick, sparcusmarcus. I didn't know that one, but it works well!

01-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks. I hope it helps. I'm taking Greek (Bethel Seminary, MN), and figured this out to help the teacher. He's using Croy's grammar, but even on the overhead it's rather small.

01-22-2008, 12:30 AM
l tried this and it works great. Except you have to do this for each chapter at a time, and, of course, you lose the ability to use the links. But it sounds like this is the only solution. Maybe I'll try to find a way to increase the size of the screen itself ???

Anyway, thanks most kindly for your help. God bless you (real good !)