PDA

View Full Version : Lexicon request

danzell
01-13-2008, 02:20 AM
I have no clue how to make a module. In fact I have not even received my copy of BibleWorks yet but I would really appreciate a module that encompasses the "The Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon" written by Benjamin Davidson. It is a great to ones Hebrew library.

I have a copy of the reference book but, as stated, I do not know where to begin in constructing a module for Bible Works. If no one is interested in picking up this burden I will have to inquire about doing it myself once I become comfortable with the basics.

Danzell

Dale A. Brueggemann
01-13-2008, 03:21 PM
...a module that encompasses the "The Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon" written by Benjamin Davidson.

Formatting David as a module would be a huge effort providing no discernible benefit to BW users. We already have everything David's analyitical lexicon provides, and a whole lot more:

As to Davidson be "analytical," we have all of that parsing information available immediately available with no look required at all, just be passing the pointer over any particular work in the Hebrew text.
* As to Davidson being a "lexicon," we have a definition, and access to various lexicons available just be hovering over the word in your text.The features that Davidson so painfully compiled for print 160 years ago is now readily available at our fingertips in BW.

Dale A. Brueggemann
01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
...a module that encompasses the "The Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon" written by Benjamin Davidson.

Formatting Davidson as a module would be a huge effort providing no discernible benefit to BW users. We already have everything David's analyitical lexicon provides, and a whole lot more:

As to Davidson being "analytical," we have all of that parsing information available immediately available with no look-up required at all, just by passing the pointer over any particular word in the Hebrew text you get it displayed on-screen immediately
As to Davidson being a "lexicon," we have a definition, and access to various lexicons available just by hovering over the word in your text.The features that Davidson so painfully compiled for print 160 years ago are now readily available at our fingertips in BW.

danzell
01-13-2008, 06:54 PM
That sounds great. In the demo sales pitch I didn't see any Hebrew verbs demonstrated which showed the tense or the person so I optimistically purchased it hoping that it does contain features.

I located a thread in the BW forum which has the book on PDF file so it is pretty well and good either way. Thanks Dale

Shalom