PDA

View Full Version : Scripture formatting

tlw5560
12-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Is there a way to see the Scripture formatting for the various versions displayed in BW 7.0? (poetic sections, paragraphs, etc.) It would be helpful if this is possible and especially so when pasting and printing.

MGVH
12-26-2007, 04:18 PM
It's of limited help, but:

Tools > Options > Option Flags > Browse Window Configuration > Check on "Show Paragraph Markers"

PS to BW: This option really should be assigned to a shortcut key or added to right click context menu or included in the dropdown on the Browse Windows Option button.

Mark Eddy
12-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Is there a way to see the Scripture formatting for the various versions displayed in BW 7.0? (poetic sections, paragraphs, etc.) It would be helpful if this is possible and especially so when pasting and printing.
Currently this is not available. The paragraphing available in BW is the RSV paragraphing applied to all the versions, not the paragraphing of the individual versions. Line divisions within verse for poetry are not currently available at all in BW (except that the German Herder and EIN versions do have slashes within lines to tell you where they want the line divisions to go).
ME

pastor-steve
01-05-2008, 02:56 AM
I sure hope this is high on the BW8 list. It would help me an awful lot as I prepare study notes for Bible studies, sermon slides, etc.

I know the information is available electronically because it's used on sites like biblegateway.com and oremus.org

The paragraph markers are a start, but what we really need is good formatting of paragraphs, poetry, italics for OT quotes in NT Greek, etc.

Anyway, I hope the BW team will make a great product even better.

Steve