PDA

View Full Version : automatic registry to verse history

Andrew Fincke
12-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm examining a verse, maybe two verses, maybe three verses. I want to search for other occurrences of a spelling peculiarity common to the three. I enter the peculiarity and do a search. I go down the list of texts listed tyo find something interesting - say a hifil spelling of עלה that matches what's in the three verses. Next I do another search on another spelling peculiaity. I rummage through that to find what I need. Now I want to go back to my three verses and correlate what I found. Where are they? They're way down in the Verse History list, camouflaged by the topmost verses of the searches I've done. Hopefully I've written down the numbers of the three verses I'm working on, because now they're needles in a haystack. I suggest that the topmost verse in a Results List only then be registered in Verse History and in the arrows-mechanism at the top right if it is physically selected by the user through a mouse click.

SCSaunders
12-20-2007, 08:36 AM
... rummage ...That is a beautiful word. Thanks for reminding me of it. It's going to be my "word of the day." I plan on using it in 3, maybe 4 separate conversations. Deadline - 5PM EST.

Poetry it is!

Also - cool verse history suggestion. My rummaging (doesn't count as my four) hours have increased my lens prescription to a thickness of Pepsi coke bottles.

Andrew Fincke
12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
It's also annoying to have the topmost verse in the results window automatically pop into the browse window at the left and thus knock out what I was working on.