PDA

View Full Version : Find In File Quirk

Adelphos
12-04-2007, 10:25 PM
When I do a "Find In File" search in my user notes, BW obediently finds and lists all the files for my search word.

However...

when I click or even double-click on that reference in the "Bibleworks File Search" dialog box, which contains my search results, BW does not take me to that verse. I have to manually type in the verse to go there.

If this is not a bug, it ought to be, and therefore it ought to be fixed. :rolleyes:

Dan Phillips
12-05-2007, 11:11 AM
My response: "Ooh, you can do a 'find in file'! Cool! Thanks! I had no idea!"

;)

Alan Johnson
12-05-2007, 11:31 AM
It seems to work OK on mine. I doubleclicked on the note file and it opens in the user notes window. (That was a new feature to me, too, Dan. :) Always learning something new about BW.)

Adelphos
12-05-2007, 11:42 AM
It seems to work OK on mine. I doubleclicked on the note file and it opens in the user notes window. (That was a new feature to me, too, Dan. :) Always learning something new about BW.)

No, it does not work.

It will go to the note, but it will not go to the verse, i.e., the browse window doesn't change, and therefore if you want to edit the note, the note disappears when you try to go to it because the browse window hasn't gone to the relevant verse.

Alan Johnson
12-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Sorry--I see what you mean. The correct notes come up but not the verse itself. Yes, that would be helpful.

Adelphos
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Sorry--I see what you mean. The correct notes come up but not the verse itself. Yes, that would be helpful.

Good! There's another vote for fixing this "bug" !!! :rolleyes: