PDA

View Full Version : Shuffle forward or back one verse

David Kummerow
11-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't know whether this is possible yet or not with a keyboard shortcut, but what I would like to have is a quick way to step forward or back one verse at a time. For example, a couple of new buttons could be added to accomplish this, as in the hypothetical screenshot below:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6852/newbuttonspe9.png

This would save time typing on the command line or using the dropdown boxes.

Thanks for help and consideration of this.

Regards,
David Kummerow.

Adelphos
11-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't know whether this is possible yet or not with a keyboard shortcut, but what I would like to have is a quick way to step forward or back one verse at a time.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you can already do this if I understand you properly. The scroll bar immediately to the right of the browse window has up/down arrow keys for this very purpose.

David Kummerow
11-30-2007, 08:29 PM
But clicking there just produces a dropdown list. What I would like is two designated buttons that step forward or back one verse at a time upon immediate pressing.

Thanks,
David Kummerow,

David Kummerow
11-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Forget the suggestion: I found what you were referring to Scott!

The buttons were there all along:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6757/buttonsvz4.png

Seems like it doesn't matter how long you use this program, there are always some of the simplest things to discover.

At the moment I'm doing work requiring the use of BW for about 8-10 hrs a day, and dedicated buttons doing this will help me considerably.

Thanks for your help!

David.

Adelphos
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Seems like it doesn't matter how long you use this program, there are always some of the simplest things to discover.

I have been using this program for years, and I still find things I never knew about before. So join the club.

At the moment I'm doing work requiring the use of BW for about 8-10 hrs a day...

Now that's a scary thought... :rolleyes:

MGVH
11-30-2007, 09:52 PM
There is a keyboard toggle that I like much better than trying to hit those little up/down arrows with my mouse.

With the cursor somewhere in the browse window, hit CTRL-SHFT-DownArrow
Now when you use the down/up arrows, the text moves by verse.
Repeat the CTRL-SHFT-DownArrow, and it will revert back so that the cursor moves down/up in the cursor window.

Adelphos
11-30-2007, 09:55 PM
By the way, David, in case you don't already know this, you can type only the verse # on the CL if you want to simply go back and forth in the same chapter, i.e., if you're in, say, Genesis 1, you can simply type 17 on the CL to go to verse 17, and so forth.

Also, if you want to remain in Genesis but switch to another chapter, you don't have to type the book name, so if you wanted to go to, say, Genesis 37:1, you could type on the CL simply 37:1, or 37 1...

I suspect you already know this, but just in case...

Adelphos
11-30-2007, 09:58 PM
There is a keyboard toggle that I like much better than trying to hit those little up/down arrows with my mouse.

Repeat the CTRL-SHFT-DownArrow, and it will revert back so that the cursor moves down/up in the cursor window.

My, my. That's one I didn't know about either.

David Kummerow
11-30-2007, 10:19 PM

Thanks for that one, too! I've got a couple of options it seems.

Interestingly, if I hit CTRL-SHFT-DownArrow/UpArrow I toggle "Scroll Mode". To go to the next or previous verse I have to hit CTRL-DownArrow/UpArrow.

Thanks also Scott for pointing out what you did -- as you assumed, I already know about that and use it all the time. Little things like this make the program extremely flexible and usable for different users. But for those that didn't know this, the hopefully they're reading here...

Thanks,
David.

SCSaunders
12-03-2007, 02:16 PM

Repeat the CTRL-SHFT-DownArrow, and it will revert back so that the cursor moves down/up in the cursor window.12345678910

http://i14.tinypic.com/82uzyv9.gif

David Kummerow
12-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Who on earth is that?! Certainly not "MGVH", I would assume?

SCSaunders
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Who on earth is that?! Certainly not "MGVH", I would assume?You can't be serious?! Go get a life.
http://i5.tinypic.com/89iqo1c.jpg

MGVH
12-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm hoping that is a complement. If so, you're welcome. If not...

PS: I did vote for Pedro!

SCSaunders
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm hoping that is a complement. If so, you're welcome. If not...

PS: I did vote for Pedro!Thank you!!! You've restored my belief that some folks on this site take study breaks once in a great while.

It was a TOTAL complement!
(Explicit comment for the humor & life challenged)
(I voted for Pedro too. Summer Weedly is a poop.)

David Kummerow
12-03-2007, 03:54 PM
You can't be serious?! Go get a life.

Hmmm. Seems I'm entirely ignorant here. I've never seen it. Study breaks currently for me really just involve playing with my young son or playing a board game with my wife.

But maybe we should rent this Napoleon Dynamite some time from the video store...

Regards,
David.