PDA

View Full Version : Searching Numerous Different Versions at Once

Sbradford
06-03-2004, 11:00 PM
For specific words. Possible ?

How ?

almather
06-04-2004, 08:44 AM
To do searchs in multiple versions go to the command line and right click with your mouse. Choose 'cross version search mode'. This will give you 4 options to choose from. Click on the one that best fits your needs. This change in search mode is permanent, until you change it back to something else.

You may do an 'and' search or an 'or' search.

Here is a sample of an 'or' search: (.babylon)/(.harlot)/(.jerusalem). This would return in the result window, depending on what you selected for search mode, you multiple version.

May I also suggest the you look through the manual or the tutorial videos that come with BW's.

Al

Sbradford
06-04-2004, 10:39 AM
almather

It found the words doing that, but it continues to ONLY find those words in NKJ--which is my search version; even though I have right clicked and chosen Search ALL display versions.

????

Why is it not showing NKJ, KJV, ESV..... for each of those words I'm looking up ????

The functionality looks like its there for it, it just looks like it's NOT happening for me, or else I'm doing something else wrong.

Steve

To do searchs in multiple versions go to the command line and right click with your mouse. Choose 'cross version search mode'. This will give you 4 options to choose from. Click on the one that best fits your needs. This change in search mode is permanent, until you change it back to something else.

You may do an 'and' search or an 'or' search.

Here is a sample of an 'or' search: (.babylon)/(.harlot)/(.jerusalem). This would return in the result window, depending on what you selected for search mode, you multiple version.

May I also suggest the you look through the manual or the tutorial videos that come with BW's.

Al

Sbradford
06-04-2004, 12:09 PM
I needed to have interlinear mode on before those different version would show up. I had it set to NKJV.

Think I just found the answer.

:o

almather
06-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Good!

I had a similar situation a couple of weeks ago. Seems like I was clicking on the wrong word, in that situation. God has not brought any of us into perfection yet.

Al