PDA

View Full Version : SwordSearcher, 50% Off Today

alcantley
11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
SwordSearcher is a nice complement to BW that I use frequently. On sale at Bits du Jour today for $25 (50% off). :)

SwordSearcher Bible Software (http://www.bitsdujour.com/index.aspx?page=index.aspx%3freview%3d183)
In-Depth Software for Better Bible Study
SwordSearcher Bible Software

This is one impressive program. While we don't study the Bible - or anything else - we're extremely impressed by the features, content and functionality that SwordSearcher offers. It's a great example of what good software is capable of.

SwordSearcher's main window lays out four "surfaces" for Bible study: the Bible Panel, the Book and Dictionary Panel, the Commentary Panel, and Search Results. While each panel may be hidden, they never overlap. You won't be lost in a deluge of cascading windows and finding what you need is quick and direct.

Deep Referencing links verses to every resource available: other books, other verses, topical references, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and more. No more searching for topics or dictionary headings that might be relevant to the passage you are reading - SwordSearcher puts it all a click away.

If you're studying the Bible, either as a believer or a scholar, you can't do it better than with SwordSearcher. It's powerful study features and intuitive interface make it ideal for both devotional and in-depth study.
SwordSearcher Includes:

* 18 different Bible texts, 22 commentaries, 4 guides, 9 dictionaries, and over 360 maps and illustrations, with complete indexing of each one by verse and passage. Over 300MB of useful info! (Which we don't expect you to download - you'll get the complete contents on CD-ROM.)
* Hyperlinked cross-references that can be enabled for detailed study, and disabled when not wanted.
* Easy to read Bible text, and columnar displays of different Bible versions for comparison.
* Easy access to multiple commentaries, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and topical guides. The color-coded commentary viewer tabs lets you easily switch between commentaries, quickly go straight to related material by different authors, and follow links to every resource available.
* The Topic and Verse Guide - a mega-index of the library resources available. Get complete lists of all book and commentary entries that reference any search phrase.
* Plus: Daily proverbs, Morning and Evening devotions, printing, bookmarks, user-controlled fonts & colors, ability to "hide" unused resources, user-created commentaries and books, instantaneous Bible searching, full-reference searching, and more.

Real Users Say:

* “...very intuitive and quite easy to navigate... an ideal Bible-study tool... offers a host of powerful tools to make your study more rewarding.”- Dr. Ed Hoffman, Christian Computing Magazine
* “I absolutely love your SwordSearcher program. I cannot imagine studying the Bible without it. It is an indispensable tool for the serious Bible student.”- Dr. R. Brown
* “SwordSearcher is to the Bible what Firefox is to the web. I've never seen such attention to detail as it pertains to the user experience.”- Nathan Smith
* “SwordSearcher does everything it claims to do. And it does it well.”- Rubén Gómez, Bible Software Review
* “SwordSearcher... is, without question, the most impressive Bible-related program I've ever looked at, and I've looked at quite a few... So impressive it's not only a Pick, but a Dr. File Finder Favorite and the first one of 2005! Give this product a try -- I recommend it highly!”- Michael E. Callahan, aka Dr. File Finder
* “SwordSearcher is the most versatile Bible program I have ever seen. I use it every single day I'm on my computer... Your interface is user-friendly and so simple to use. It tells me which works refer to the verse or word in question, so I don't have to go poring through each resource... It saves so much time and energy that I can devote my time to writing answers, not just searching for them. Thank you for putting together such a genuinely beneficial product. I continually recommend it in correspondence, conversations and my books.”- David W. Daniels, Christian book author

Blessings,
Al Cantley

Dan Phillips
11-24-2007, 01:48 PM
"If you're studying the Bible, either as a believer or a scholar...."

Interesting dichotomy (http://teampyro.blogspot.com/2006/03/christian-academics-not-oxymoron.html).

;)

calvary
11-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Excellent article, Dan. Thanks for sharing that.

Blessings,
David

Adelphos
11-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Interesting dichotomy.

Very interesting dichotomy --

http://www.lamblion.net/Articles/ScottJones/scholars_blaspheme_h.htm