PDA

View Full Version : BW7+linux+czech bible

jager
11-23-2007, 05:27 AM
I have a problem. I tried run BW7 on Wine (OpenSUSE 10.3) a chars of Czech bibles are wrong. I think the problem is in used code page win-1252, but central or eastern Europe use win-1250. I tried search some options to change font coding, but I found nothing.
Can me help anybody?

(Sorry for my English)

Mark Eddy
11-23-2007, 10:29 AM
I do not own a printed Czech Bible, so I do not know if the characters are correct in BibleWorks. I have used the Czech Bible a little bit in looking for common words among Eastern European languages. I do not really read Czech.
But if the characters do not display properly, you can change the font that you use for Central European versions in BibleWorks. Within BibleWorks click on the "Options" icon (wrench). Click on the "Fonts" tab. The current font being used for Czech will be displayed on the bottom line "Central Euro". My computer uses "Times New Roman CE," but you could choose another font that works better. If you find a better font, let the rest of us know.
If you have a list of accents or letters that do not display properly, also let us know.
You can also see what keyboard BibleWorks uses for Czech by clicking on the BibleWorks Keyboard icon (Greek letter alpha within a square "key"). Click the arrow at the upper left hand corner of the keyboard map, and choose Czech from the dropdown list of available keyboards. Take a good look at the keyboard. Perhaps the keys do not match with the keyboard that you are using. If so, let us know that too.
God bless!
Mark Eddy

jager
11-24-2007, 04:11 AM
...but every my czech fonts show bad characters. When I try copy the string from verse into a text editor with win-1250 code page, the string is showed correct. So, I think that the font some czech characters knows, but BW don't use correct coding.