PDA

View Full Version : user based database in bibleworks 6

Evertjanus
11-22-2007, 07:07 AM
I downloaded the databases of Calvin's commentary and Keil und Delitsch. Put them in directory databases but they don't turn up in the program.

Is it possible that they can't be used in Bibleworks 6.0?

Regards,

E.J. de Wijer

Willem Swanepoel
11-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi,
I have never used BW6, so am not really able to answer your question. I am however sure that some of the expert users will soon respond to your query.

I am the developer of the Calvin Commentaries for BibleWorks and I did the development under version 7.

Regards,
Willem Swanepoel

Willem Swanepoel
11-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Hi,
I have found the answer in a post by Michael Hanel. here is a short quote from that post:

On the other hand, custom user modules [such as Calvin Commentaries and Keil and Delitzsch - Willem] can be used independently because they are HTML Help files [that is, a CHM], but they will not integrate into any other BibleWorks version besides 7.

The answer therefore is that you can use the commentaries stand-alone (simply double-click the CHM and it will open as a help file), but it will not integrate into BW. The verse test will therefore not pop up when you hover the mouse on the scripture reference. Also BW will not search the commentaries as is does in BW7.

Warm regards,
Willem Swanepoel

Evertjanus
11-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Hi mr. Swanepoel,

Thanks for the quick and clear answer. I'am sorry not to be able te use the databases in my program but would like to compliment you for the enormous effort you made. As stand alone module, I'm looking forward using it.

Regards,

Evert Jan de Wijer

Willem Swanepoel
11-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi Mr. de Wijer,
It has been aan enormous pleasure doing the Calvin and Keil & Delitzsch commentaries for BibleWorks. The Calvin one, by the way, still contains a few errors which I plan to fix as soon as possible.

I am also in the process of placing it on e-Sword for users who do not have BibleWorks. That will allow you another option.

Warm regards,
Willem