PDA

View Full Version : Lexicons will not open

Scott Smoak
11-21-2007, 11:21 PM
None of my lexicons will open without Bibleworks crashing. Any suggestions.

Mark Eddy
11-21-2007, 11:31 PM
You will need to supply more information before you can get much help. E.g. what steps/ keystrokes do you do that leads to the crash? How many lexicons do you have installed? Are you trying to open them by right-clicking on a word in the browse window, or by clicking on an entry in the Resourse Summary tab, or by opening the lexicon browser by clicking the icon on the tool bar? Did you fail to install one of the basic databases, so that BW can't find it? Etc.
Mark Eddy

Scott Smoak
11-22-2007, 12:02 AM
I have installed all of the proper databases. The problem occurs when I click on a word in the Resource Summary Window. As soon as I click on the word, the error message appears. Bibleworks has performed as it should until today. I am running BW on a MacBook Pro utilizing Parallels. I have had no problem in the past.

Adelphos
11-22-2007, 06:03 PM
I have installed all of the proper databases. The problem occurs when I click on a word in the Resource Summary Window. As soon as I click on the word, the error message appears. Bibleworks has performed as it should until today. I am running BW on a MacBook Pro utilizing Parallels. I have had no problem in the past.

If someone tells a mechanic that his car just quit working and therefore, tell me what's wrong with it, the mechanic is just going to scratch his head and answer that he has no clue. He has no clue because it could be any number of things, and the driver has told him absolutely nothing about the problem.

People here have had similar problems with Mac and BW and I'm sure they are willing to help you, but you have to give them something to work with.

What error message appears? What does it say? What version of BW and other programs are you using now? The databases and the executable are different. You may have all the updated databases but not the updated executable. Et cetera.

If you'll take some pains to provide as many specifics as possible, someone may be able to help you. It seems that the crash conflict with BW and Mac is recent, so the more specifics people provide, the more the BW programmers will be able to address the matter, if it is in fact a BW problem.