PDA

View Full Version : BW7 crashes when saving notes

diggertoo
11-17-2007, 12:38 AM
I am running BibleWorks 7.0.019b.5 with Parallels 3.0 on a MacBook Pro. BibleWorks crashes when I attempt to save any chapter or verse note file. When the program shuts down, the BibleWorks checkpoint screen comes up empty without any listed options. Everything else seems to be working fine.

I went back to 7.0.018z.1 but still seem to have the same problem, though it takes a few seconds longer for the crash to occur.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

united_by_truth
11-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Sounds similar to a problem I posted about (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2782):
The editor crashes every time I try to save. I did a quick search and most editor crashes seem to be in BW 6. I am running 7.0.019b.5 in Windows 2000 Pro in VMware. I have never used the editor much in any version of BW, preferring instead to work in another application via cut and paste. I have recently gone to Unicode and wanted to take advantage of exporting Unicode fonts in Greek (I know Hebrew unicode doesn't work in Win 2000). I planned to copy to editor and then save the file as rtf. The crashes started. I disabled Unicode -- same crash. I tried saving in BW format -- same crash. This is the same behavior on my laptop and on my office computer. I can use the copy center and copy to Wordpad and then save or copy to OpenOffice in Linux and all is well. The problem is saving from the editor.
Sorry, no ideas yet.

Mark Eddy
11-17-2007, 10:37 PM
I never have these problems running Windows XP. I save editor files all the time, and never have a crash. I have never tried to save verse notes, however, because BW automatically saves them when you move to a different verse. Since I switch between verses quite often, I never have verse notes open long enough to think to save them. Perhaps sending a note to technical support would get you some helpful suggestions. Give it a try Monday morning.
Mark Eddy

diggertoo
11-19-2007, 11:45 PM
I finally broke down and reloaded BibleWorks. The program no longer crashes when I am using verse notes.