PDA

View Full Version : More efficient use of downloaded patches?

Ben Spackman
11-14-2007, 04:53 PM
I save downloaded patches on my laptop, to apply to my non-internet connected desktop.

However, it seems one can only run these one at a time. That is, to install a patch on a non-internet computer, you have to double-click on the patch file, which opens BW and the updater. You can only do these with ONE PATCH at a time, which means that whenever I have to reinstall BW on a non-Internet windows machine, I have to run this about 15 times.

It would be nice if there were a way to redirect the updater to a folder that held all the patches. As I type this, it strikes me that one could just copy all the patches into the newly-created downloaded-patches folder in the newly created BW folders. Checking "show downloaded patches" would then work, right?

:cool: (Feeling clever. Hoping it works.)

Mark Eddy
11-16-2007, 12:16 AM
You're right, Ben. Since I have only a dial-up connection to the internet I do that all the time: download the patches on one computer, using "My Computer" copy the patches to a memory stick, transfer them to the applied patches file of the other computer, and run the update from within BW on the second computer. It saves a lot of time, just as long as I keep the Option "Show downloaded patches" checked. You also have to remember which of the "applied" patches you haven't really applied on the second computer.
Mark Eddy