View Full Version : Copy BW 6 Configuration to a new PC
06-01-2004, 11:10 PM
I have recently purchased a new PC and want to copy the BibleWorks configuration from the old PC to the new one. Is there an easy way to do this?
06-02-2004, 08:06 AM
I know this info is in another thread somewhere, but I cannot find it now.
1. Install BW 6 on the new PC.
2. Get all the available updates on the new PC to ensure both PCs are on the same version.
3. Backup the following from the OLD PC all from the C:\program files\BibleWorks 6 directory
a. notes (if you have user notes)
b. configs (if you are using the configuration manager)
c. userdb (if you have any user defined databases)
d. ase (if you have any personal info saved in here)
e. diagram (if you have any personal info saved in here)
f. timeline (if you have any personal info saved in here)
4. Backup your bw600.ini file from c:\Windows
5. Restore each of the above files and directories on the NEW PC to the identical location from which they were taken.
This should get most everything you need.
Hope that helps.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.