PDA

View Full Version : Korean: Some book names do not match

dexta
10-23-2007, 01:39 AM
For example, James is Jas in the Korean version, the Johns are 1Jn, 2Jn, etc. As a result, searches in English for these kinds of books do not display the Korean version, and searches in the Korean version only display the Korean version.

If a fix is possible (it seems like it would be simple), I would be grateful for an update.

Thank you for all of your hard work.

Mark Eddy
10-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Since thr programmers do not always follow these threads, I have reported this to the powers that be. I can't say how soon this will be updated. It basically takes a few minutes to search and replace the incorrect book names with the correct ones. Then the database needs to be recompiled and uploaded as a patch.
Mark Eddy

MBushell
01-04-2008, 12:14 PM
This has been fixed and posted. Use the BibleWorks updater as usual to get the update. Let us know if you have any more problems with the Korean book names.
Mike

Mark Eddy
01-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I downloaded the Korean patch (kor_7019c), and none of the book abbreviations has been changed from the original files. The book names need to be corrected as follows:
Rth should be Rut
Son should be Sol
Jas should be Jam
1Jn should be 1Jo
2Jn should be 2Jo
3Jn should be 3Jo
Perhaps you uploaded the wrong files.
In Christ,
Mark Eddy

Mark Eddy
01-07-2008, 10:35 PM
As of Jan. 8, 2008 the kor_7019c patch has fixed all of the book name problems. Thanks, Mike.
Mark Eddy

maninlove
01-12-2008, 12:17 AM
thank you very much.
It works perfect.

dexta
03-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I'm unable to get 3 John to display fully in Korean through the search bar. I type "3jo 1" and get everything in the other languages but for some reason the Korean version doesn't show up. It works well for everything else though. The only way I can see 3 John verses is by searching for specific ones.

Is it just me? Well, I'm not really bothered by it, but just thought I'd post it due to curiosity.

Mark Eddy
03-04-2008, 12:55 AM
It looks to me as if you have not downloaded the latest KOR patch. In BW7 Help select "BibleWorks on the internet" and then "Check for updates." check the box for KOR (if you see that box), and you should get the fixed files. If you don't see the patch for the Korean version, then I don't know what is wrong. It works fine on my computer. The only problem is that the verse map file for KOR does not yet link verse 14 in Korean to verse 15 in Greek. That should be fixed shortly.
Mark Eddy