PDA

View Full Version : Odd BW Shutdown

Ben Spackman
10-18-2007, 05:16 PM
As I've mentioned before, I'm currently running BW7 on Windows XP via Parallels on my 1.83C2D 2Gb Macbook.

I've had to reinstall Windows XP. I then install SP2. Then, on this clean new install, I run BW7, installing a minimum of components (Greek, Hebrew, some english, no sounds, no NT diagrams.)

After installing, I reboot, as asked. I open BW and it works fine. Making no changes, I close it, reopen it, and it gives me a BW-crashing error right asteh splash screen starts to fade.

If I simply try to reopen it, same thing happens. If I shift-open it to the opening menu, and select to delete the .ini file (which, nota bene, hasn't been changed at all), it will start once again. But only once. Make no changes, close it, and it's back to the error right after the splash screen.

I've deleted, cleaned out, and reinstalled a few times, always with the same result. I even downloaded the most recent .exe on my first time opening BW, but it made no difference.

Here's what the windows error says (the short one. There's a much longer text of the error I can attach.)

AppName: bw700.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: bw700.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 002c2f52

These are the same Parallels, XP, and BW discs I've used to install before. I don't think anything has changed, and yet it won't run. Anyone have ideas?

Mark Cannon
10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Then, on this clean new install, I run BW7, installing a minimum of components (Greek, Hebrew, some english, no sounds, no NT diagrams.)

Hi Ben,

This might be a possibility. You note that you have installed a minimum of components. There may be a Bible or resource database that the program is seeking to access by default, but it has not been installed because it has been deselected during a Custom installation. See this posting on the BibleWorks Customer Support FAQs.

Why Shouldn't I Deselect Items Already Marked in CUSTOM Installation?
http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2082

It is recommended that one reinstall BibleWorks and make sure not to deselect any items that are already checked in the checkbox to the left of each item. If that does not remedy this issue or if you have any questions, please contact BibleWorks at service@bibleworks.com.