PDA

View Full Version : Is Wallace's GGBB linked, or is it just plain e-text?

dhave
10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
I just noticed that Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics is available as a "pay" module. Are examples in Wallace's text linked to Scripture in any way, for example, to the BGT or BGM Greek texts of BibleWorks? Or is the text just presented electronically with navigation aids, etc.

Are there other features that might persuade me to buy this when I already own the hard copy of the book? I use Wallace a lot, but it would be nice to be able to pull up the context of his examples or otherwise take advantage of hyperlinks. Thanks.

MGVH
10-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Wallace is integrated with the BW texts in both directions.
1) As you are working with a text, in the Resource Summary tab it will tell you if there are any verses in Wallace that reference the verse with which you are working. Clicking on the link brings you to the correct spot in Wallace. Depending on the Greek word over which your cursor is located, it will also link to the various aspects of that word's morphology (tense, case, mood, etc.)

2) Wallace itself opens as a help file, and all the Scripture references have hover popups. Clicking on the reference will bring you to the text in the BW browse window.

It's very efficient and helpful.

dhave
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Wallace is integrated with the BW texts in both directions.
1) As you are working with a text, in the Resource Summary tab it will tell you if there are any verses in Wallace that reference the verse with which you are working. Clicking on the link brings you to the correct spot in Wallace. Depending on the Greek word over which your cursor is located, it will also link to the various aspects of that word's morphology (tense, case, mood, etc.)

2) Wallace itself opens as a help file, and all the Scripture references have hover popups. Clicking on the reference will bring you to the text in the BW browse window.

It's very efficient and helpful.
Thank you. I'm sold. You should get a commission.http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif