PDA

View Full Version : BW 7 & Office 2007

fishfishf
10-06-2007, 10:54 AM
I have some serious problems with BW and Office 2007. It doesn't works to copy the Text of verse list by using the BibleWorks Copy Center to a dokument of Word 2007. To be precise: Some verses are copied and some not. Instead of inserting all verses into my document bibleworks inserts some verses and misses some. Insteas of the missed verses there is displayed a "v". This is the result looks like:

VVVVVVJoh 16.21 Wenn die Frau gebären soll, ist sie bekümmert, weil ihre Stunde da ist; aber wenn sie das Kind geboren hat, denkt sie nicht mehr an ihre Not über der Freude, daß ein Mensch zur Welt gekommen ist
Joh 16.21 h` gunh. o[tan ti,kth| lu,phn e;cei( o[ti h=lqen h` w[ra auvth/j\ o[tan de. gennh,sh| to. paidi,on( ouvke,ti mnhmoneu,ei th/j qli,yewj dia. th.n cara.n o[ti evgennh,qh a;nqrwpoj eivj to.n ko,smonÅ

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV1Co 13.6 Sie freut sich nicht über das Unrecht, sondern freut sich an der Wahrheit.
1Co 13.6 ouv cai,rei evpi. th/| avdiki,a|( sugcai,rei de. th/| avlhqei,a|\

How can i get it work? Thanks for all advice. Greetings Daniel

Nathan Jewett
10-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Hey Daniel,

I have recently made the switch to Office 2007 and haven't experienced any problems with the copy center yet. Could you post the specific steps you were taking in your search so I/we could try to duplicate it?

Ken Neighoff
10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
I have been using Office 07 for many months done and have no problem with the Copy Center that you are experiencing. I would follow Nathan's advice and post the specific steps you are doing and then others can try to duplicate.

ingosorke
10-08-2007, 12:35 PM
My BW7 works fine with Office 2007, XP or Vista. Post your issue in the German forum as well.

Stelle Deine Frage auch im deutschen Forum, vielleicht ist es ein deutsches Office-spezifisches Problem.

Ingo

Nathan Jewett
10-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Post your issue in the German forum as well.

Stelle Deine Frage auch im deutschen Forum, vielleicht ist es ein deutsches Office-spezifisches Problem.

Ingo

Man, I really want to study German next.

fishfishf
10-09-2007, 12:13 PM
HI, Thanks for all comments. Ok here are the specific steps i performe. This is just an example. I head the same problem also with other searches i performed. Today the first time appeared an error message by bible works. It informed me that an other program is useing the clipboard. :confused: I really don't understand whats going on. Thank's to everbody!

1. Step: Limits : Only nt
2. Step: In Version BGT performe search: /cairw@* cara@*
Result: 117 Verses, 30 forms, 142 hits
3. Step:
- „Copy list to editor“ & choose:
- Copy to application with this title àuse a word document 2007
- select: Text Of Verses in Verse List
- Versions: BGT EIN
- Format options: Include = Book name, Chapter number & verse number are selected
- Remove Interior: Chapter numbers, Book names, Version lable are selected

4. Step: Copy and Transfer 117 Verses

Today I tried it two times. And every time different verses are omitted :confused:
Daniel

Nathan Jewett
10-10-2007, 12:13 PM
- Copy to application with this title àuse a word document 2007

You may want to try selecting "Copy to Clipboard" and then manually paste it into the Word document. I know it is an extra step, but has worked more consistently for me.

- Format options: Include = Book name, Chapter number & verse number are selected
Under these options, check the "Formatting" box too. When I repeated the search as you did, I had missing parts of verses as well. However, with this little box checked it worked perfectly.

I hope that helps, although I don't have an explanation for why it doesn't work without the formatting box.

fishfishf
10-10-2007, 12:30 PM
You may want to try selecting "Copy to Clipboard" and then manually paste it into the Word document. I know it is an extra step, but has worked more consistently for me.

Indeed this posibility seems to work - but that's only a way to get it work. That you have also missing parts of verses shows that there is real problem and that it is not due to my computer.

Under these options, check the "Formatting" box too. When I repeated the search as you did, I had missing parts of verses as well. However, with this little box checked it worked perfectly.

I hope that helps, although I don't have an explanation for why it doesn't work without the formatting box.

I tried it with the formatting box, but in my case it changed nothing.

Thanks for all help ans suggestions.
Daniel

Nathan Jewett
10-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Hmmm...that is most interesting. I will have to play around with it some more this afternoon. Just to make sure, have you updated Bibleworks recently?

fishfishf
10-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi, yes i did all updates! I do have Version 7.0.019b.4
Windows Vista Premium
Office 2007

Thank you!

MickZ
12-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi,

kind of a similar problem appears also in BW6.

If you're in your office 2007 and use the direct import via 'Ctrl' + 'Shift' + 'b' a problem occures. No text is copied despite no error message occurs. Only the copycenter is opened in BW.

Has anyone an idea of how to aviod this?

Thanks!

MrShep
12-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Have you tried copying to the editor- > then saving the file as .rtf, -> then opening the .rtf in MS Word 2007?