PDA

View Full Version : Blank Search Window

ChrisStapleton
09-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I am new to BibleWorks. I am following the Getting Started video about the Search Window. (As shown in my attached picture.)

Blank Search Window.jpg (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=366&stc=1&d=1190860866)

They give an example of Choosing a Search Version as NAS and the version loads in the video. I try the same thing and nothing happens. I get a blank search window. Am i doing something wrong?

Any help would be great.

Chris

Mark Eddy
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
After you close the "Choose Search Version" window, you should see whatever versions you have chosen for your "Display Versions" in the "browse window" (central window). If you have not chosen any display versions, then no versions will be displayed.
If you want something to display in the "search window" (on the left), you have to type a search on the command line (directly above the search window). Since you have not asked BibleWorks to search for anything yet, you will see nothing in the search window. So, try typing 'Jesus Chist on the command line, and you'll see a list of verses in your search version that contain the string "Jesus Christ".
Mark Eddy

Steve Watkins
09-26-2007, 11:51 PM
You did it right, there's just more to it!

You correctly selected the version that you would like to use in the Browse Window, now all you need to do is type in some kind of search string in the Command Line (above the Search Window).

For example, type a period (.), followed by a word or words you want to search for - maybe something like this: .sing* music*

That will search your current version for all verses containing words beginning with "sing" and words beginning with "music".

You'll get some results in the search window that look like this:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=368&stc=1&d=1190865051

Click on the results in the list on the left, and they'll show up in your Browse Window in the center.

If I may, a piece of advice that will be invaluable - go to the Help menu, and select "Study Guides", and work through those, they are immensly valuable. Start with the "Getting started" one, and work your way through, and Bible Works will become easy, exciting, and powerful very quickly.