PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation: Font Size Buttons

Nathan Jewett
09-26-2007, 01:48 PM
There is a good chance this has been mentioned before, but I would really enjoy some small buttons for adjusting the font size in the individual windows. As a Greek professor, I am constantly having to increase the font size for classroom and reduce for study. While this is possible through the menus, it just isn't necessarily convenient. A few basic +/- buttons would be awesome. Like I said, this probably isn't a new request, but it would definitely be a small but welcomed addition to an already amazing product. Thanks for all your work.

Nathan Jewett

jdarlack
09-27-2007, 08:37 AM
As a Greek professor, I am constantly having to increase the font size for classroom and reduce for study. While this is possible through the menus, it just isn't necessarily convenient.Have you thought about using the Configuration Manager? Here's the info from the help files:

The Configuration Manager

BibleWorks is probably one of the most configurable programs you are likely to find. You will probably find many different configurations that suit different purposes. And you might begin to wish that there was a way to store different configurations and save them for later use. The Configuration Manager will help you to do precisely that.

Enabling the Configuration Manager
To enable the configuration manager go to the Options Window and open the Startup Options section. Then check the "Enable Configuration Manager" box. Then shutdown BibleWorks.

The next time you start BibleWorks you will not see the familiar BibleWorks interface. Instead you will see the BibleWorks Configuration Manager Window The window consists basically of a list of named configurations. To activate one you just click on it and then click on "Load". Creating a New Named Configuration
To create a new configuration proceed as follows: In the list of available Named Configurations click on the one that you want to use as the basis of the new configuration. Click on the "New" button. You will be prompted for a name to give the configuration. Name it anything you like but you should use only alphabetic characters. The name will be used as a filename so you can only use valid file name characters. Blanks are permitted of course. Then click on OK. That's all there is to it. To start the new configuration just click on it, and then click on "Load". Make whatever changes you want in the program and exit as you always do. Then the next time you start BibleWorks the new configuration will be in the list.

If you want to delete a Named Configuration just click on it and click on the "Delete" button.Reinitializing and returning to the Default Configuration
The group box at the bottom of the Configuration Manager provides you with a variety of ways to startup without using the Named Configurations. The caption of the group box tells you where the default configuration file is located. You have two options: If you just click on load the indicated default initialization file will be loaded and BibleWorks will be started. If you click on "Initialize and Load" the default initialization file will be deleted and BibleWorks will be started. This will start BibleWorks with all default settings.In both cases if you have the "Enable Configuration Manager" checkbox checked, BibleWorks will start with the Configuration Manager enabled. Otherwise it will be disabled.Hiding Configuration Details
If you enable the checkbox labeled "Hide Configuration Details", the Configuration Manager startup window will be simplified to include only the list of available configurations. If you enable this option in the Configuration Manager Window, you must go to the Option Flags tab under the Options Window to turn it off again. This option is useful especially for network setups where the system manager wants to enable multiple users to have their own configuration files but wants to hide confusing configuration details from them.Use New Directory for Each Configuration
If you enable the checkbox labeled "Use New Directory for Each Configuration", the Configuration Manager will create a new set of user directories for each new configuration. They will be placed in a new directory called "Config" under the BibleWorks Directory. Only directories containing user-configurable files will be duplicated. This is useful, for example, if you want to have a different set of notes for each configuration.

Nathan Jewett
09-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Honestly, I have not tried the configuration manager. Perhaps that will be a project for this evening. However, I wouldn't mind the buttons too. :)

Roy Ciampa
09-27-2007, 11:03 AM
The solution recommended by Jim Darlack is the one I use. I have a "Classroom" configuration (with larger font sizes and the page set up slightly differently) and a study configuration. You can have both going at the same time if you want, but I usually open one or the other.

Nathan Jewett
09-27-2007, 01:50 PM
I have now setup two configurations as recommended and I am very pleased. Thank you both for your quick response and helpful advice.

SCSaunders
10-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Finally got around to trying this. Very, very helpful. Thanks for the Q. Thanks for the A. :)