PDA

View Full Version : Options popup window display problem

Gary N Hartzler
08-18-2007, 07:14 PM
The BW7 Options popup window does not display correctly on my laptop computer. I cannot access all the options information fields and buttons because the popup window is not large enough to display all the options information, and there are no scroll bars to provide access to the information outside the displayed area.

The BW technical support personnel and I have been unable to resolve this issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I installed BW7 on another desktop system and did not have this display problem. It occurs only on my laptop computer, and is not affected by changing the resolution setting of my display.

Anyone seen this problem before?

Steve Watkins
08-19-2007, 12:45 AM
The BW7 Options popup window does not display correctly on my laptop computer. I cannot access all the options information fields and buttons because the popup window is not large enough to display all the options information, and there are no scroll bars to provide access to the information outside the displayed area.

The BW technical support personnel and I have been unable to resolve this issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I installed BW7 on another desktop system and did not have this display problem. It occurs only on my laptop computer, and is not affected by changing the resolution setting of my display.

Anyone seen this problem before?

Never seen or heard this one before. Seems strange - on my machines, the Options window is about 400x400 pixels, and is not resizable. I'm assuming that's a set size by the BibleWorks program.

I assume the BW tech people had you reinitilize the INI file? Barring that, I suppose I'd try uninstalling the program completly, and reinstalling it again.

Ben Spackman
08-19-2007, 01:10 AM
I think I've seen this before, long time ago. Try messing with your DPI settings.

Can you post a screen-shot?

Gary N Hartzler
08-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Never seen or heard this one before. Seems strange - on my machines, the Options window is about 400x400 pixels, and is not resizable. I'm assuming that's a set size by the BibleWorks program.

I assume the BW tech people had you reinitilize the INI file? Barring that, I suppose I'd try uninstalling the program completly, and reinstalling it again.

Yes, I reinitialized the INI file, and tried several different resolution settings for the display. After exhausting all such diagnostic attempts we could think of, and still not correcting the problem, I completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the program. No avail, the problem is still there.

Gary N Hartzler
08-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I think I've seen this before, long time ago. Try messing with your DPI settings.

Can you post a screen-shot?

Attached is a MS Word file containing a screenshot (Search Limits tab) I sent to the BW support personnel to demonstrate this display problem.

Steve Watkins
08-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Attached is a MS Word file containing a screenshot (Search Limits tab) I sent to the BW support personnel to demonstrate this display problem.

It's very strange. Sorry we aren't coming up with any solutions! You said that you also have BW installed on a desktop system, and that there is no problem on that platform. Was it the same CDs that you installed from (same version, etc...)?

If everything's the same and it works on your desktop and not the laptop, then it sure seems like a laptop Video adapter or display driver problem, instead of a BW problem. Have you tried contacting the display adapter manufacturer for driver updates or troubleshooting info?