PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Custom Module

Randy
08-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Though using BibleWorks for some time now (and loving it), I am only just now starting to work on making custom modules.

I have a module that tagged ok, and I have it compiled. It works fine displaying the passages. However, when I go to the Resource Summary Window the passage displays, but when I click on the verse nothing happens. If I have the module open and click the Resource Window, it gives me the message, Web Page Not Found.

I have doubled checked all my spelling and names in the *.chd, *.hhp, *.htm files. And I am at a lost to understand it.

Can anyone help?

Randy
08-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Thank you dear Pasquale,

I love the work you do for everyone.

I am using *.htm file format. I saved it from a document using Microsoft Word.

Let me know how to send the *.chm file to you. My email is <alivenhv@yahoo.com>.

Randy
08-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Sorry about that.

I was just trying to fix that last message before you replied.

Let me know how to send you my *.chm file. My email is alivenhv@yahoo.com if you want to drop me a line and let me get your email address.

Thanks again.

Mark Eddy
08-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Though using BibleWorks for some time now (and loving it), I am only just now starting to work on making custom modules.

I have a module that tagged ok, and I have it compiled. It works fine displaying the passages. However, when I go to the Resource Summary Window the passage displays, but when I click on the verse nothing happens. If I have the module open and click the Resource Window, it gives me the message, Web Page Not Found.

I have doubled checked all my spelling and names in the *.chd, *.hhp, *.htm files. And I am at a lost to understand it.

Can anyone help?
I have had the same problem with user databases that I have downloaded from others. Newer versions of Windows (XP service pack 2 and Vista) block these types of files automatically, if they are not created by the same maker as the software. You can "unblock" them fairly easily. Within "My Computer" look in the BW7 databases folder and find your three files. Right click on each, then click on "Properties." If you see a button near the bottom of the Properties box for "unblock", click on it. With all three files unblocked, you should be able to use your new databases without any trouble. If this doesn't help, then keep asking Pasquale for tips on making databases.
God bless your use of BibleWorks!
Mark Eddy

SCSaunders
08-16-2007, 08:25 AM
IWithin "My Computer" look in the BW7 databases folder and find your three files. Right click on each, then click on "Properties." If you see a button near the bottom of the Properties box for "unblock", click on it. With all three files unblocked, you should be able to use your new databases without any trouble. If this doesn't help, then keep asking Pasquale for tips on making databases.
God bless your use of BibleWorks!
Mark EddyExcellent! Thanks. :)