PDA

View Full Version : Results Window Font preference: Poll

ericjdaniels
05-28-2004, 12:36 PM
I am trying to find the most readable, and yet not annoying font type and size for the results window. I'm only 26, so I guess I have no sympathy from many older gents, but many of the fonts strain my eyes. I want to be able to read long portions in english...and don't want to go blind in the process.

What do you use? Any suggestions for me?

Thanks all,

Eric

Ben Spackman
05-28-2004, 01:02 PM
First of all, if you're using a CRT (e.g, not an LCD, flat-panel thin screen) make sure your screen refresh rate is at least 75 Hz. (Assuming you're using Windows, right click on the desktop, click properties, settings, advanced, monitor, and make sure that is at 75 or higher.)

I find that many Universities accidentally and cluelessly set their screens at 65 Hz, which causes nasty flicker, especially with florescent lights.

What is your monitor/screen, and what resolution are you running?

frankenfro
05-28-2004, 03:46 PM
I shrink the width of the results center and use, i think, 14 font for Greek and 12 for everything else in Times New Roman.

Gontroppo
05-28-2004, 04:34 PM
G'day Ben
I dutifully changed my refresh rate to 75, as you suggested [my eyesight is not the best] and it made the display smaller on my 17" screen.

Why is the 75 better than the 60? The 60 seems to give a clearer display to this little black duck.
David McKay

ericjdaniels
05-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the tip Ben. I am actually using a laptop with a rate of 60. That is the only option for my ATI Mobility Radeon. But thanks for the tip anyway.

Eric

pastor-steve
05-29-2004, 04:30 AM
I've got English at Arial 12, Greek at 16, and Hebrew at 24. (Transliterated Hebrew is 16). I need bigger letters to read breathing marks, accents, and vowel points. BibleWorks does a nice job of combining the various font sizes so it doesn't cause any trouble.

--Steve