PDA

View Full Version : Allignment when dragging Hebrew to User Notes

Dan Phillips
08-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Sigh. Sorry for such a newbie question, but I seem constantly to be struggling to get this interface to work right for me.

Now when I drag Hebrew to the User Notes, it comes over as right-align. If I drag it to a left-align English sentence, it converts the paragraph to right-align.

I don't think it used to do that, and I didn't knowingly change anything. I don't want it to right-align. How do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Dan Phillips
08-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Ego bumpomai.

SCSaunders
08-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Ego bumpomai.LOL! Hilarious. Thanks. A chuckle a day ... :D:D:D

Steve Watkins
08-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Sigh. Sorry for such a newbie question, but I seem constantly to be struggling to get this interface to work right for me.

Now when I drag Hebrew to the User Notes, it comes over as right-align. If I drag it to a left-align English sentence, it converts the paragraph to right-align.

I don't think it used to do that, and I didn't knowingly change anything. I don't want it to right-align. How do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm... yeah, when I use the Editor, it doesn't right align Hebrew texts that I drag over. But it does with the User Notes editor... It seems to just be the default mode of each module. I don't know if it's configurable. Are you sure the User Notes editor used to left-align your Hebrew texts? Is it possible you were thinking of the regular editor?

Ben Spackman
08-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Ego bumpomai.
I didn't know bumpein was deponent. :D

Dan Phillips
08-12-2007, 09:47 AM
I didn't know bumpein was deponent. :D

It's not. I bump for my benefit. (Plus, posts have to have at least ten characters!)
;)

Dan Phillips
08-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Hmm... yeah, when I use the Editor, it doesn't right align Hebrew texts that I drag over. But it does with the User Notes editor... It seems to just be the default mode of each module. I don't know if it's configurable. Are you sure the User Notes editor used to left-align your Hebrew texts? Is it possible you were thinking of the regular editor?

Thanks Steve. I am pretty sure it didn't always force a right-align. I don't remember dragging a word over to an existing paragraph, and the having to re-align the paragraph. I think I'd remember that. And so I think it's something I or they changed; I have had to fiddle with the font a lot to get things right, and wonder whether a string on one of the fiddlings broke, to flog the metaphor.

For instance, for some time the Hebrew would drag over with inexplicable breaks in the words half at the left of the frame, half at the right. I got past that somehow, and now have this.

:(

Philip Brown
08-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi, Dan,

Option Flags > Export Options > Keep Hebrew wrap format when exporting text

That's your problem. With it checked, the right-align happens. Without it checked, it doesn't.

Blessings,
Philip

Dan Phillips
08-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Thank you Philip, and that makes total sense -- except that the box already is unchecked.

:confused:

Eagle
08-30-2007, 09:23 AM
I just want to add that cutting and pasting Unicode Hebrew (SBL Hebrew font) into MS Word is a disaster for me -- so much so that I have stopped trying to do it.

Text wrap gets messed up, the original paragraph formatting is lost, etc. It's less trouble just to re-type the Hebrew. The problem is not in the font itself, because when I type in the text in Unicode, text and everything work perfectly. It is a problem with BibleWorks' implementation, somehow. I have tried it both ways -- with and without that text-wrap box checked.

I hope this can be fixed in a future update; it would increase the utility.

Chris

Adelphos
08-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure it's a BW issue rather than a system issue, as copying and pasting both SBL and BW (non-unicode) into Word works perfectly on my system, with the exception of a few accents here and there not coming across properly, but that has nothing to do with word wrap and paragraph formatting.