PDA

View Full Version : biblia hebraica stuttgartensia in bw 5

4pbears
08-02-2007, 06:13 PM
i wrote a post yesterday asking if biblia hebraica stuttgarttensia was in bs5. i got a reply from Scott saying that in bw 5, it was called "WTT" i found it and clicked on it, and it of course started in gen 1:1 but it was in english instead of Hebrew. maybe a dumb question, but how can i change it to hebrew? the reason i need it is because i have just started taking a beginning course in learning hebrew, and one of the requirements is to have biblia hebraica stuttgartensia. it may sound cheap but i figured that if bibleworks had it i wouldn't have to go out and buy the book version of it lol.

God Bless.

Dave.

Adelphos
08-02-2007, 06:46 PM
i wrote a post yesterday asking if biblia hebraica stuttgarttensia was in bs5. i got a reply from Scott saying that in bw 5, it was called "WTT" i found it and clicked on it, and it of course started in gen 1:1 but it was in english instead of Hebrew. maybe a dumb question, but how can i change it to hebrew? the reason i need it is because i have just started taking a beginning course in learning hebrew, and one of the requirements is to have biblia hebraica stuttgartensia. it may sound cheap but i figured that if bibleworks had it i wouldn't have to go out and buy the book version of it lol.

You can make your search version WTT. You do this by typing "WTT" (without the quotes) in the Command Line (CL).

Even then, you also must make sure that WTT is a display version in order for you to see it.

Even if WTT is not the search version, it MUST be a DISPLAY version in order for you to see it.

You should consult the help file or the manual if you don't know how to do this. The steps to do both of these things should be in the Getting Started section of the manual or help file of whatever version you have, for both of these tasks are the very most basic functions in BW.

4pbears
08-02-2007, 07:30 PM
thanks adelphos, the information helped, and i now have the bhs in my results window.

God Bless.

Dave.

Adelphos
08-02-2007, 08:13 PM
thanks adelphos, the information helped, and i now have the bhs in my results window.

You're welcome.

However, if you're really going to study Hebrew you ought to invest in a hardcover copy of BHS as well. There's really no substitute for it, and they aren't all that expensive. You'll find that when a later version comes out that you'll still want the older version as a reference. At least that's how it is with me.

Also, you can still use BibleWorks to help you immensely in your study of Hebrew even at the beginner level, but there really is no replacement for reading short paragraphs with concentration until you've mastered that section, and a real book is about the only way to really do that without cheating.

Plus, as someone mentioned, you won't have the Masorah Parva in the electronic edition, and you'll eventually want to inspect that, and once again, you'll find that a printed edition is much more edifying than an electronic replication. As I said, that's my experience at least.