PDA

View Full Version : Targum problems

Andrew Fincke
07-02-2007, 09:42 PM
:(1) The variants are in the same color as the text. That means the verse displays like a stutterer. "The man gentleman hero ate the apple orange banana in the store room" instead of The man (gentleman, hero) ate the apple (orange, banana) in the store (room)". I found a pane to set the color of the variants, but it didn't do it.
2) The morph codes chart in the online help is the same as that in the manual to BW6 pp. 384-385. Try checking that list against a verse disected by TAM in the Browse window. The codes don't match.

Andrew Fincke
07-07-2007, 07:09 PM
:confused:When I don't understand a word, I wait for the popup help to tell me. Often it doesn't know and admits it. Then I click on "Analysis" at the bottom. "Analysis" always knows. Why can't "Analysis" tell "popup" and save me the extra click?

Philip Brown
07-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi, Andrew,

Popup pulls its definitions from the vocabulary card files. Analysis works with the lexicons. Since the lexicons cover all the words in the LXX and NT, Analysis always has something to say. As far as I know Popup and Analysis have never talked to each other.

Ewan MacLeod
07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
:(1) The variants are in the same color as the text. That means the verse displays like a stutterer. "The man gentleman hero ate the apple orange banana in the store room" instead of The man (gentleman, hero) ate the apple (orange, banana) in the store (room)". I found a pane to set the color of the variants, but it didn't do it.
2) The morph codes chart in the online help is the same as that in the manual to BW6 pp. 384-385. Try checking that list against a verse disected by TAM in the Browse window. The codes don't match.
Andrew, under Tools/Choose Targum Color Variants, you can choose the colors of Targum variants. I have tried this, and it seems to work for me. However, you first need to delete the *.clr files associated with the Targumim, because they conflict. Try deleting the *.clr files under the BibleWorks directory, then re-start BW, then select Tools/Choose Targum Color Variants, choose some colors to try, then see if it works. If not, attach a screenshot, and we'll see if mine looks different.

Andrew Fincke
07-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Ewan, and it doesn't work. The variants are the same color as the text - black on white. Or did I have to restart the computer as well?

Ewan MacLeod
07-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Ewan, and it doesn't work. The variants are the same color as the text - black on white. Or did I have to restart the computer as well?
I have tried this on my PC again, and the colors don't seem to be displayed anymore. They definitely were in the near past. I will report it, since this seems to be a genuine bug.