PDA

View Full Version : BW Lite

MBD
06-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I teach mostly a core course in the Bible so work with English. It would be nice to have an affordable BW7 lite with only English (and maybe Spanish etc.) Bibles available that could be put on our College network. To understand a passage I frequently counsel students to look at several different translations of a passage. This would facilitate that. We could never afford to network BW7, and besides only 3-5 students in a College of 3500 would be able to use it.

On a somewhat different level, I use BW7 on my laptop in my officē sometimes I want to illustrate a point in class. All of our classrooms are wired for computer projection and have resident PCs. Can I legally have a copy of NW7 on that classroom PC that I usě I would never be operating more than one BW7 session at a time. It would be available only for me. I could put it on a network available only to me, but then I would still have to download the fonts onto that office PC. I am not looking to cheat BW just to use it to its utmost.

Michael

Philip Brown
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi, Michael,

If all you need is English and Spanish, just direct your students to BibleGateway.com (http://www.biblegateway.com/). They can access a good selection of both language translations there and it's free.

MBD
07-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks but I just looked at the translations included and they wouldn't work. I am a Papist teaching at a Franciscan College and mainly use NRS, RSV, NAB, and TNK. I have my students get the New Revised Standard Version for our in-class use. Many of the translations on BibleGateway do not carry the Apocrypha, which we often use---not so much for canonical reasons as for their role as bridges between OT and NT. (Last time I mentioned the Apocrypha, it started a huge flame on here, so I am hoping to keep the pyrotechnics down.) Thanks.
Michael