PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew NT

Adelphos
06-26-2007, 05:26 PM
It is of course nice to have the HNT in BibleWorks, but it would be nicer still if we had the version published by the Trinitarian Bible Society. I don't believe it would be difficult to get permission to include this text in BW (I'm not even sure the copyright is in force), but even if it is, I don't believe the TBS would prevent its inclusion.

Can someone from BW check into putting this text into BW? If you need me to do any leg work, such as contacting TBS, just let me know.

Ewan MacLeod
06-27-2007, 06:09 AM
I would also like to see the TBS/BFBS Hebrew NT. This is the Modern Hebrew version. Importing the text into BW would be relatively easy because it is available on the Internet in many places, but as always it relies on getting explicit permisson from the copyright holders, and this is not always easy to get.

I have also created a version of the Delitzsch Hebrew NT for BibleWorks, which I have already imported and done a lot of work on. It is probably ready for a wider audience now. This is copyright free. If anyone is willing to test this out and send me any corrections, let me know.

Adelphos
06-27-2007, 06:49 AM
I have also created a version of the Delitzsch Hebrew NT for BibleWorks, which I have already imported and done a lot of work on. It is probably ready for a wider audience now. This is copyright free. If anyone is willing to test this out and send me any corrections, let me know.

Count me in.

Also, if you ever get around to finishing up the Burgon module, I'm going to release that freely to BW. Just thought I'd mention it since you played with it awhile back.

Ewan MacLeod
06-27-2007, 07:35 AM
I have emailed you the Delitzsch file. Let me know if you don't receive the email.

Adelphos
06-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I have emailed you the Delitzsch file. Let me know if you don't receive the email.

Thanks, Ewan. I got the file and everything works fine. I also emailed TBS about the copyright, but as you hinted in your email, there may be quite a bit of confusion about just who actually owns that copyright, or how to go about obtaining permission for it.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.