PDA

View Full Version : New Chinese Version (NCV)

hudsonhauck
06-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Greetings!

There was a request made in a previous thread (http://bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2431&page=4#39) which I thought I would make a new thread for so that it is not hidden and lost.

'jchan' requested the New Chinese Version (NCV) to be available in Bibleworks. I am also very interested in this. I am sure others are as well. 'MBushell' replied by saying they would check into it.

I was wondering if there was any progress yet? Are there others that would find this useful?

Greg Crawford
06-20-2007, 02:16 AM
I would be interested in knowing the difference between these Chinese versions, as I have one member of my congregation for whom Mandarin is the primary language. We already have Chinese simplified and Chinese Big 5 in BibleWorks7. I am not sure of the difference between all these versions and the "New Chinese Version". Do these translations relate to different generations of Mandarin speakers? Do they relate to ex-patriate Chinese families who have based themselves in parts of Indo-China?

hudsonhauck
07-04-2007, 04:39 AM
I would be interested in knowing the difference between these Chinese versions, as I have one member of my congregation for whom Mandarin is the primary language. We already have Chinese simplified and Chinese Big 5 in BibleWorks7. I am not sure of the difference between all these versions and the "New Chinese Version". Do these translations relate to different generations of Mandarin speakers? Do they relate to ex-patriate Chinese families who have based themselves in parts of Indo-China?

I actually don't speak Chinese. I am an American in Taiwan learning Chinese.

CUV is the oldest Chinese version, as far as I know. The Chinese that it uses is apparently very difficult and rather old. The NCV is a newer translation, which, as far as I know, still follows a good translation philosophy.

A brother I know has talked to a "discerning Taiwanese pastor" who recommended that serious Bible study still be done with the CUV, and I think it is still the "standard."

As someone learning Chinese, I would like to have the NCV to help me learn and get into reading (small) portions of the Bible in Chinese.