PDA

View Full Version : Crash on Resources

LarryW
06-13-2007, 04:51 PM
When I go to Resources|Greek/Hebrew Lexicons BW7 crashes. No explanation just a Win message.

This is a WinXP Pro notebook computer. I don't know if it does it on my desktop.

Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks,
Larry

Edit: Works on my desktop so must be something with the notebook. Since there's no real message anyone have any ideas?

jmacleod
06-14-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm getting a crash in the User Notes when I click on the "Save and Reopen Flotting" button. I get a couple blank windows that won't go away. One with the title "BibleWorks Shutdown Options" and one with a file path in the caption.

Jamie

jmacleod
06-14-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm on an XP Prof laptop as well. Shouldn't be the problem though.

Jamie

SCSaunders
06-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Try copying your database file from the desktop that works, to the laptop that doesn't.

Last weekend I had to transfer my entire BW7 program to a new laptop that way. The second install disk just wouldn't function.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4m7itly.jpg

jmacleod
06-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm not really sure of the connection. I had no problem installing off of the CDs and I only run the program on my laptop. I have no other computer to copy from

Jamie

SCSaunders
06-15-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm not really sure of the connection. I had no problem installing off of the CDs and I only run the program on my laptop. I have no other computer to copy from

JamieJamie, I should have made it clear that I was referring to the original question, Larry's. I got BW7 to work on my new computer by simply copying all the program files from my old computer.

I don't really have a suggestion on your issue. All I can say is ask the tech folks.

LarryW
06-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Thanks,
I sent received an email suggesting I uninstall/reinstall BW7 which I'm doing right now. Should have waited to see your reply first. :)

Larry