PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Older Versions of BibleWorks?

Joseph B. Modica
06-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I have a sense that this question has already been addressed on this forum, but here it is again: Can one delete (uninstall) an older/previous version of BW (say version 6)? I presently using version 7. I'm trying to consolidate space my hard drive.
Thanks,
--Joe

Adelphos
06-04-2007, 10:50 AM
I have a sense that this question has already been addressed on this forum, but here it is again: Can one delete (uninstall) an older/previous version of BW (say version 6)? I presently using version 7. I'm trying to consolidate space my hard drive.

If it's primarily a matter of recovering HD space, I would merely delete the BW6 folder rather than do a formal uninstall. That way you won't have any mishaps with shared files that may otherwise be affected with a formal uninstall.

Just to be safe, you may want to move the BW6 folder to the Recycle Bin first, then if BW7 works fine, you can go ahead and empty the Recycle Bin afterwards.

SCSaunders
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Just to be safe, you may want to move the BW6 folder to the Recycle Bin first, then if BW7 works fine, you can go ahead and empty the Recycle Bin afterwards.I never know this. Excellent bit of advice. Thanx!

Joseph B. Modica
06-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Dear Scott: Thanks for your reply. I followed your directions and everything appears fine.
Peace,
--Joe