PDA

View Full Version : can't download certain patches

gotgospel?
05-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Hello,

I just finished installing the latest version of Bibleworks on my lap top. I own an HP Pavilion dv6375us with Windows Vista Premium Home Edition.
I followed the instructions that came with the software package regarding the Windows Vista patch. After installing the patch I installed Bibleworks. I then proceeded
to download all the latest updates. Most were downloaded and applied with no problem except the following ones:

1. Supplementel Files (7.013y)
2. Bibleworks System Keyboards (7.015o)
3. Charles OT Pseudepigrapha (7.018w)
4. Bibleworks Executable (7.018x)
5. Robertson Greek Grammar (7.015m)
6. James Apocryphal NT (Jam) (7.018h)

The error message that I get reads the following way:

"This Patch was not successfully installed. error ept0018: Failure Opening New File: '<FileName>'.
The updater was unable to open the named file.
It was attempting to open this file to create a file for the updated version of the system.
This can be caused by a disk or network error or if a directory exists by the same name as the
file that the updater is trying to open. Patch Supplemental Files (7.013y)."

Has anybody using Windows Vista expirenced the following problem? I already uninstalled Bibleworks and started from scratch but got the same results. Maybe I missed a step along the way. I would appreciate any help. God Bless!!

Soli Deo Gloria!

EdMellott
05-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Gotgospel? wrote
"I just finished installing the latest version of Bibleworks on my lap top. I own an HP Pavilion dv6375us with Windows Vista Premium Home Edition.
I followed the instructions that came with the software package regarding the Windows Vista patch. After installing the patch I installed Bibleworks. I then proceeded
to download all the latest updates."

Actually, the sequence for this task is reversed. One must install BibleWorks first, THEN run the patch. The patch makes settings changes to the BibleWorks folder that will allow it to function in the Vista environment. By running the patch first, changes to the folder properties cannot be made, for the folder does not yet exist.

It will be necessary to uninstall BibleWorks, reinstall it, THEN run the VistaFix patch. You should find all of the updates to work satisfactorily thereafter.