PDA

View Full Version : Display Parallel Versions

puritanfan
05-24-2004, 03:12 AM
1. How do I make display parallel versions automatically open each time I startup BW 6?

2. How do I save the customizations I've made for parallel versions? For example, I "edit favorites" creating ESV and WTT for parallel version favorites. Then I manually toggle the switch to multiple version mode for both the ESV and WTT windows. Then I manually remove the WTT version that for some reason appears in the ESV window. How do I save these customizations so that each time I start BW6 and go to this favorite parallel version, I don't have to manually make these adjustments each time?

almather
05-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Hi Puritanfan.

I'll answer part of your question. On your tool bar at the top of BW there is a symbol with 4 squares, if you place your cursor on it it will say 'display parallel versions'. Go to Edit favorites. Or you could click on the 'wrench' and then choose version.

Under the version tab look down to the bottom for parallel version favorites and click on the 'edit'. Choose esv from the English selection and wtt from the Hebrew selection. Move up or down as desired to get esv or wtt in the right hand column, delete any other versions that might happen to be there.

In the bottom left you should give this a name "ew' for example. Chick 'ok'.

This will not open a parallel window for you when you open bw but after bw's is open all you need to do is go to the 4 square icon on the tool bar and select 'ew' and this parallel combination will open.

If you use the toggle switch you will ask bw to display both versions in a single column.

Hope this is of some help.

Al

Sbradford
05-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Any Plans on getting new Version "The Message" ?

Greg Ward
05-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Of course to pull up parallel windows, you can type "p ew" on the command line to bring up the parallel window favorite named "ew." One caution, do not name a favorite as a three letter name which matches a version name.