PDA

View Full Version : Find within word analysis

Columcille
05-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I don't know if this is a feature request, or a request for education. :) I would like to be able to 'find' within the word analysis window. My specific interest is to be able to do something like hit Ctrl-F to open a Find window so I can search for a specific reference when I'm using the BDAG. Some of the entries are pretty durn long and I often want to see what he says about the use of the word for a specific passage, so I'd like to be able to search within the contents for the specific reference and have it jump down to wherever the reference is. Something like this may already exist and I've just overlooked it, but if not I think it would be something useful to see in the future.

alpha0r
05-20-2007, 01:19 PM
You can find where BDAG cites a passage by using the resource summary window. Open the passage you want to study in the browse window and mouse over the word your looking for. Then every place BDAG cites that passage will show up in the resource summary window under the summary tab. Just double click on the word your looking for and it will open BDAG to the entry and highlight the verse citation.

Columcille
05-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Learn something new every day. I don't use the resource summary screen as much as the word analysis screen so I hadn't noticed that. This will be helpful, thanks!

Columcille
10-16-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm not sure how long this feature has been around, but I've just now spotted it and it's exactly what I wanted. The specific need was to look up a word in the Lexicon and have it show me a particular reference within the lexicon - namely, the reference I started from.

So open up the Greek or Hebrew, right click the word in question, and select Lookup Lemma in Lexicon Browser. It will take you to the default lexicon entry on that word, with all references to your current verse highlighted.