PDA

View Full Version : Articles referenced in BDAG

Gontroppo
05-23-2004, 02:03 AM
This morning I preached on Revelation 2 - the letters to Pergamum and Thyatira. In the letter to Pergamum, we are told that Antipas is o` ma,rtuj mou o` pisto,j mou
so I was intrigued to look up ma,rtuj in BDAG and read there references to articles or books which explain how ma,rtuj =witness became martyr in Latin and English.

Does anyone know a way of sourcing the articles, etc referred to in in BDAG via the internet?

Like is a bit tough for us geezers who live miles from a theological library.

[I told the folk this morning I think I would have liked Pergamum, with its library of 250,000 books, though I don't know what the borrowing was like, or if there was any.]

David McKay

Joe Fleener
05-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Does anyone know a way of sourcing the articles, etc referred to in in BDAG via the internet?

David McKay
David,

Unfortunately this will not get you all you are looking for and it is not FREE, but the Theological Journal Library CD-ROM has more full text journal articles than you could afford to build shelving to hold.

http://www.galaxie.com/store/product.asp?ProductID=46

Gontroppo
05-24-2004, 05:39 PM
G'day Joe
One day I hope to purchase these. I think the set of Reformation and Revival journals on the second one would be great.

But ... I bet there are few articles referenced in BDAG in the journals on the CDs.

David McKay

Joe Fleener
05-24-2004, 05:44 PM
David,

You are very correct. Many of the articles in BDAG are of such a technical nature that they will not be found on the Galaxie CD.

If you take a look at my web page (link below my name), I have several links to on-line journals some of which are more technical in nature. More and more journals are becoming available on-line. I update my site everytime I am made aware of one. If anyone knows of others I welome the info.

Thanks,

Gontroppo
05-25-2004, 01:59 AM
Joe, your posts to this forum are invariably helpful and courteous.

Thanks for helping to make it an interesting place to visit.
I liked your webpages, too.
David McKay