PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlink to passage instead of verse

kpurcell
05-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I take a lot of notes in BW user notes. I like the ability to set up a popup link in my notes using the Insert Hyperlink function. However, when I try to insert a link to a passage (like John 3:16-19 instead of just John 3:16) it will only give me the first verse in the popup. Is this by design, a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Glenn Weaver
05-07-2007, 09:04 AM
The insert link tool only inserts the first verse displayed in the Browse Window.

But you can place you cursor over the link, then hold down the Control key and click on the link. This opens the Insert Hyperlink window. Here is what a Scripture link looks like in this window:

GoToVerse NET Luk 1:18 | POPUP

To change this link to Luke 1:18-20, change the link content to this:

GoToVerse NET Luk 1:18-20 | POPUP

then press the "Insert in Document" button.

Of course, you will also want to change the display text in your document. You can use the buttons on your keyboard to move your cursor into the link text in the document, and then change the link to reflect the range you specified in the Insert Hyperlink window.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

kpurcell
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the reply. The problem is I am doing just as you suggest. But still only the first verse is displayed. Here is a link I did copied directly from the insert link dialogue box

GOTOVERSE CSB Eph. 2:20-22 | POPUP

But the resulting popup was only showing the first verse. And yet now as I tested it, it works. Don't know what changed.